New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-09-2009, 08:57

Default Help me decide!!!

Hey Ladies! My daughter, Madalynn, is going to be in a pageant on the 19th. It is a patriotic pageant and I am having trouble deciding what type of bow to put in her hair and on her shoes (to dress them up a bit since their plain). She'll have to have whatever I make on a headband since she doesn't have a whole lot of hair. I was thinking about making mini korkers for her shoes but I don't know if I should make a bigger one for her hair or another type of bow. Here is a few photos of her outfit off of peapodray's etsy shop (SHE IS SO AWESOME!!!) peapodray on Etsy - Cute Fashions for Wee Ones

So what do you think??? I can't decide. If you could post a pic of the type of bow you think I should make. I know how to make a few different types and I can always learn a new one :-)

TIA LADIES!!
Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2009, 09:02

Default Re: Help me decide!!!

I really,really think that mini korkers on her shoes,and a big one for her hair would be SUPER CUTE!!!
I love that outfit btw!So adorable!
Good luck to her in the pageant!!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:03

That outfit is TOOOOO cute!! What kind of shoes is she going to wear? I like the idea of red/white/blue korkers for the shoes. I'm not sure about the bow for her head. Good luck, though!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:07

They are just silver sandals so I thought I would dress them up with mini RWB korkers.... I'm just not sure on the bow for her head....hmmm
Old 07-09-2009, 09:46

I think korkers would be great since its patriotic....they kinda look like ribbon firecrackers if you think about it. Maybe add some sparkley metallic ribbon in the korkers to make them look like a firecracker popping..KWIM?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:00

I agree Korkers would be so adorable!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:06

Korkers will be perfect. That is a cute outfit!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:47

Thanks ladies...Korkers it is...now I just need to figure out what size and what size dowles I need. I already have two dowles but I think they are broken thanks to Isaiah....I've only done one korker before....GULP!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:54

Just thought I'd share what I used on my DD's sandals for the 4th.
We were walking out the door and I thought her shoes looked a little plain so I grabbed a couple of mini korkers that I had made and just stuck them on her shoes. The alligator clip fit right in between the holes.

She got a ton of compliments on them so this might be something you could elaborate on for your DD's outfit. HTH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Av and Jack1_small.jpg (64.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0930.JPG (181.0 KB, 26 views)

www.mycutiepea.etsy.com
Old 07-10-2009, 11:27

how adorable! i love the outfit and the shoes your planning! for the hair i would go glitter! a stretchy glimmer ribbon or baby blue ribbon with sparkles--make a few layers of red,white,blue, for her bow and in the middle of it all add a big heart--sew it all onto the ribbon so it doesnt fall off-if she has enough hair make 2 mini pony tails and add tons of curls you know the other pageant moms are going to go crazy with the oufits so try to add maybe a sparkle or 2 for her performance( if they allow it or a glow stick would work shape them into a U.S.A. --and have fun, lots of smiles and kisses! GL!
Sponsored Links