New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-04-2009, 02:56

Default Sewing Korkers/Corkers

I have always used wire to wrap around my korkers and then covered with a piece of ribbon and they came out really cute, but were a bit heavy. So, I decided to sew them and wow - that needle is near impossible to pull through! Does anyone have tips on types/size of needles to use when sewing bows? Also, did you just sew from top to bottom and then knot or did you sew from top to bottom and then wrap the left over thread around the bow and then knot? I just sewed them top to bottom today and they came out so cute, but did not seem as tight as I would like them. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks girls!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2009, 04:59

Default Re: Sewing Korkers/Corkers

Before I start sewing I tie a double knot about 3 inches from the end of the string. That way, when you are done sewing you can tie the two ends together on the same side instead of wrapping anything. As far as getting the needle through, I do it just a few at a time. It takes a little more work but well worth it. Sewn korkers are definately toddler proof (believe me I have a crazy one!) There's nothing worse than someone spending their money on something that can easily be pulled apart.
Keep sewin' those korkers HTH
Old 07-04-2009, 05:29

have you tried doing it w/ a doll needle? or tufting needle? i usually use those to embroider the face on my dolls, but have had luck using it for korkers too

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 07-05-2009, 12:58

I use a large long needle. I tie a double or triple knot. Thread them up and pull it through and then I sew back down. Then tie the threads together tightly. Unfortunately it can be hard to sew back down through the stack. I have broken several needles and that scares me! If you can't manage to pull the needle through, try griping the needle with some shelf liner! HTH

Old 07-05-2009, 10:23

Lorri
What a great idea with pulling needle with the shelf liner. I always used pliers. LOL
Old 07-05-2009, 03:03

Thanks so much for the tips! I will try the shelf liner to pull the needle through. I also love the idea of leaving some extra at the end of the know to tie off at the end. The wire was keeping them together really well, but I also used a ton of wire and kept wrapping it around to korker - which led to the problem of them being too heavy! My dd kept trying to pull them off her head. The sewn ones are so much lighter and she does not even seem to notice them there! Thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links