http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

View Poll Results: How do you make your Twisted Boutique Bow
The Figure 8 Method 254 51.52%
Measure and Mark Method (?) 68 13.79%
Bow Maker (If so, list what kind) 105 21.30%
Other 66 13.39%
Voters: 493. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2011, 05:08

Default Re: Favorite Way to Make a Twisted Boutique Bow

I use NBNG. It does all the measuring for me so all I need to worry about is twisting and sewing.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-29-2011, 05:34

I have a Plexi glass template dh made me and I love it. Sobmuch better than using a piece of cardboad and a lot less cheaper than some of the ones sold online.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:17

Are there any instructions anywhere on how to make this bow by hand? I can't seem to find them, maybe I am just looking in the wrong spot?!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:28

The tutorials and dvds that i have bought call the figure eight method a boutique bow and the twisted bow is shown where you wrap your ribbon around a cardboard, or by eyeballing it by hand to get the four loops over lapping, put a straight pin in the middle and then spread it out, use the big hair clip to hold it and then sew the middle to get your crease.
Could some of the confusion of twisted and boutique come from the different ways we were taught or learned how to do them?
I have a hard time doing the twisted bow the way I was taught in my tutorials and even on line, I rather do the figure eight method any day. And I do get confused when people interchange those two words: twisted and boutique/figure eight. And I know this topic has been beaten to death on many different threads, but I have to admit, the search button is not always my friend, and I am a little computer challenged, so I appreciate the repeated, beaten to death threads and advice. .
Janice
Old 02-11-2011, 06:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasbowtique View Post
Geez...... Years ago I did step by step pics of the figure 8'style. I wonder if it's been purged. I will have to go see.
Sweet, did you ever happen to find your step by step tut? I'd love to see it if you did
Old 02-19-2011, 11:40

I started out using the figure 8 method and it worked okay. I then learned the fold and crease method to do them by hand. But after buying the TNT templates it makes it so easy for me to get several made and never have to redo any. Always uniform and even.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:36

I'm having trouble getting the loops on my botique bows using 7/8 inch ribbon to fold inward and look uniform. Does that make sense? I starch and shape, but sometimes top loop does not want to bend inward like the others. Any tricks, tips, suggestions? I'm wondering if I made them smaller if they would fold inward better? Right now they are about 3.5" wide once folded inward. Please help!! :-)
Old 03-02-2011, 01:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
i just fold mine and go, i don't measure i dont mark i just use my eye, they always end up looking nearly exactly the same so i will stick with it (i can also bust about 40 of these out an hour including the center and lined clip so it seems to work for me)

veronica

Holy Cow Veronica - 40 in an hour...including center and lined clip..that is AMAZING!!!! I cannot even fathom how you do that!!! Please make a video one day so I can witness this!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:15

I bought a template, and prefer to do them by hand. They actually come out better for me that way. It took a lot of trail and error for me to get it down. Now they are my favorite to make!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:42

I use cardboard templates that I made like the pp said: cut cardboard to lenght and put a slit up the middle, wrap ribbon and pin. I also have a formula to figure out how much ribbon to use. For a TBB with tails take the lenght of the template you want to use X5 then - 1/2 inch. So if I am using a 4.5" template (which I usually am) (4.5 X 5) -1/2 = 22 inches. For no tails I take the size of the template x 4 then add 1 inch. So with the 4.5 inch temp it is (4.5 X 4) + 1 = 19 inches. Probably TMI and a little confusing...that's ME!

Gina
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies