New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-29-2009, 12:07

Default Crease question

Can you get the bows crease to look like this using fingers? How well do Sally's clips work with creasing, will it look as good as this? This image was taken from Tutu sweet bowtique. Her bows are amazing!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 12:15

Default Re: Crease question

I cannot crease with just my fingers, it always comes undone on me. I weave a straight pin in and out of the middle, clip with a Sally's clip, and then I tie it off.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:45

I also use a clip to hold it in place before creasing. It has helped out alot! I`m not very good at using just my fingers. It does take a little bit of getting used to, using a clip, but I would say with practice you can get your creases to look very nice

Last edited by mom2autumn; 06-29-2009 at 12:47.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:26

Her bows are always so perfect looking! Maybe in 10 or 20 years of my practicing I could get mine to look half that nice I can't use just my fingers, either, I use the sally's clips also. Am just starting on learning how to use the sewing/weaving to help with creasing.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:28

I don't use a clip. I used to wire until this week actually. I am sewing this week since i learned of the quick knot. But anyways-- I am weaving my needle in and out letting the creases bunch on one end of the needle, then grab the creases as one and they should already be pretty tight, but I pinch and wrap the thread around really tight. HTH!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrisMommy View Post
I don't use a clip. I used to wire until this week actually. I am sewing this week since i learned of the quick knot. But anyways-- I am weaving my needle in and out letting the creases bunch on one end of the needle, then grab the creases as one and they should already be pretty tight, but I pinch and wrap the thread around really tight. HTH!
This is the method I use as well. I weave the needle in the middle while I hold the folded ribbon very tightly with the other hand. It should look like this from the side /\/\/\ to make the 3 "hills." Although it looks as if that bow might only have 2 "hills". Not sure about that. Then before I pull the needle through, I scrunch the ribbon together to crease it. Then I grab it tightly, pull the needle all the way through and wrap the thread around very tightly and tie it off. When I first started doing it this way, I'd have to pull the needle out a few times to get it right, but with practice, now I get it right the first time, every time.

I tried using the Sally clip once or twice, but I found the crease wasn't very neat looking. And I'm nor sure if I got some bad clips, but mine didn't hold the folded ribbon very tightly. It would shift as I was trying to pull the thread tight. So I stick with the needle crease.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:22

I use the Gator Bite, works way better then the Sally's clip.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrisMommy View Post
So...(stupid question here, sorry!)...do you just pull the ribbon up onto the needle to form the creases...or do you pull the thread all the way through?

Old 07-01-2009, 02:56

i use a thread and needle, weave in three evenly spaced with a thread than wrap around and pull. perfect crease each time
Old 07-01-2009, 03:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by forpaws View Post
So...(stupid question here, sorry!)...do you just pull the ribbon up onto the needle to form the creases...or do you pull the thread all the way through?)
I'm no expert, but the way I do it, is I bunch it up on the needle to where I like it and then I pinch it real tight with my fingers, then pull the thread through and wrap the thread around it a few times really really tight. I hope that made sense.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies