http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-11-2008, 08:19

Default My 'Labeled' Bow

I used:

You can buy this at Walmart for almost $6. So i print out 'Bella Posh' on the special paper. I make sure that i have them written in Word repeatedly so you don't waste paper. Don't forget to have them printed on Mirror scale or it's going to appear the other way round when you print and press. And then cut them into size of 3/8 ribbon before ironing it.

Next: Take the 3/8 ribbon that you want to line on the clip, iron the paper together with the ribbon slowly.. and you get your own bow labeled behind the clip..
Sounds good?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 01-11-2008, 08:23

Nicely done! And thanks for the pointers. It's always nice to have SOME idea of what you are doing before you dive in head first.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayesha View Post

I used:

You can buy this at Walmart for almost $6. So i print out 'Bella Posh' on the special paper. I make sure that i have them written in Word repeatedly so you don't waste paper. Don't forget to have them printed on Mirror scale or it's going to appear the other way round when you print and press. And then cut them into size of 3/8 ribbon before ironing it.

Next: Take the 3/8 ribbon that you want to line on the clip, iron the paper together with the ribbon slowly.. and you get your own bow labeled behind the clip..
Sounds good?
looks cool! Do you know if it lasts a long time? Is the paper transparent? Gosh, I guess I could google it, lol!

ISO: manners
Old 01-11-2008, 08:24

Love it!!! I think I saw something on ebay about labels for hair bows, but if I can remember it was a bit high..$6 sounds so good!!

Thanks Rachel and Rachelle
Old 01-11-2008, 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
looks cool! Do you know if it lasts a long time? Is the paper transparent? Gosh, I guess I could google it, lol!
yes the paper is transparent... i hope i can give anothrer pic of me doing it if i have time..but mine lasted. it stays on ... special for paper to fabric transfer... unless you wash the bows but probably not if you wash them, i have no idea though.. here's where u can get
June Tailor Print 'n Press Transfer Paper- Ink Jet
Old 01-11-2008, 08:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayesha View Post
yes the paper is transparent... i hope i can give anothrer pic of me doing it if i have time..but mine lasted. it stays on ... special for paper to fabric transfer... unless you wash the bows but probably not if you wash them

we have had to wash the bald baby's white headband bow...she has this tendency to pull it off while she has food in her hands!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
we have had to wash the bald baby's white headband bow...she has this tendency to pull it off while she has food in her hands!
hmm. makes sense... i have no idea what would happen if i wash them but it says you can put on clothes so my guess you probably can ...
June Tailor Print 'n Press Transfer Paper- Ink Jet
Old 01-12-2008, 07:56

These can go through the wash. I've used them on custom tshirts I made for a kids party before.

The paper commonly seen in stores is for Inkjet only! If you have a laser printer, you'll have to search a bit to find the right paper. Just make sure you check before you buy.

I've always partially lined my clips b/c the local boutiques don't line them (only a small strip on the top) and I wanted them to be similar but I may have to change if I want to use this technique.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
That looks awesome! i have a bunch printed up on that same type of paper. I did them in black and white print so you can see the white on darker ribbon!!!

great idea, Judy!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:42

I really like that!! It seems much better than the other labels we once talked about, and that is soooooo much cheaper!! Love it!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg