Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-27-2009, 01:58

Default Uch.........i need help/advice!

Hi girls! Ya never let me down so i'm turning to ya for advice. A lady wants me to make a hair accessory for her 11 month old daughter for a wedding in September. The picture is attached. I was trying to recreate the centre flower to have it as a clippie but it doesn't look right at all. I don't know how to make that rose either......anybody have an idea??? Anyway, what else would look nice with this dress.?? I have 3/8" lilac satin ribbon and i have 5/8" satin lilac ribbon as well. She only wants something small and neat...... HELP

Maeve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2741.JPG (23.8 KB, 144 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:07

Default Re: Uch.........i need help/advice!

Maeve, I'm sorry I'm of no help. I would have guessed that recreating the center flower would have been the best thing, but if it doesn't work .
Maybe Lynn will log on and give you some suggestions? I hope you get some better help and ideas soon. Good luck!

Between "Life" and Homeschooling...
if I don't laugh...I'll start to cryMolly
Old 06-27-2009, 02:08

Maybe a comb? Is she wearing her hair up or down?

Between "Life" and Homeschooling...
if I don't laugh...I'll start to cryMolly
Old 06-27-2009, 02:12

Aw thanks for even trying chick I think she's wearing it down cos she asked me to make a headband and clippie. I'm usually grand at this kind of thing but this one has me stumped. I think the heat is affecting my braincells..........LOL
Old 06-27-2009, 02:21

Maeve, hey what if you tried that 5 point flower bow in the lilac satin ribbon that you have.

¨*• MakeBowsandMore.com •*¨ Instructions to Make 5 Point Ribbon Flowers
Old 06-27-2009, 02:31

Maeve,
I would do a combination ribbon rose with the lilac satin and lilac organza, then attach that to several little korkers of lilac satin laying underneath the ribbon rose. If you don't have the lilac in 1 1/2 I think I have some that I could put together and send you. There are so many different varietys of lilac that it may be hard to match the color of the dress perfect, that's why I would add the additional organza. Let me know and I'll pull together a yard or so of all my orchid-lilac colors in satin and stick in the mail to you. Good luck,

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 06-27-2009, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutesandladders1980 View Post
Maeve, hey what if you tried that 5 point flower bow in the lilac satin ribbon that you have.

¨*• MakeBowsandMore.com •*¨ Instructions to Make 5 Point Ribbon Flowers
OOOOOOOOOOh i like it I was gonna try to make the rose but i haven't a clue what that rose is called so i can't find a tut for it I'll try that flower and see what it comes out like....Thanks a mill chick

MAeve
Old 06-27-2009, 02:38

There was a link on here or somewhere for a you tube video on how to make the ribbon rose. It was very informational and a very good tutorial, do a search on you tube, you should be able to find it. I wish I would have saved the link, but somehow missed putting it in my favorites.

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 06-27-2009, 02:49

I loved your idea too Jeannie! I looked up barrel rose cos i thought that was what it's called but i didn't get it I'll keep searching..... I might take you up on your offer of sending lilac satin and organza though. I could only get one shade of lilac and i'm hoping it's a good match I'll see how i go with the bit that i have. Thanks a million Jeannie

Maeve
Old 06-27-2009, 02:52

I have this tutorial saved for the ribbon roses on you tube if you want to use it....it is easy....has to be if I was able to do it I bet you will end up with something beautiful like you always do

YouTube - Folded Ribbon Rose

YouTube - folded ribbon rose: kurdele ile katlamal? gül

(This one is in another language but I was able to understand by just watching

The 5 point flower already posted is the one I have as well....maybe between these two you can whip something up special

Let us know how it goes....good luck!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg