http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-24-2009, 06:10

Default Re: Higher end Boutique Owner wants to see my headbands!

I made one that turned out pretty cute. I bought some satin pillowcases (so the headbands could slide on and off easily) sewed each one together to make a long cylinder shape, stuffed it with stuffing and tied the ends with coordinating organza ribbon. It was super easy, cheap, and quick~ they turned out pretty. I've had several customers want to buy them for their daughters headbands.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2009, 01:58

thank you all so much for the congrats and the ideas! i like the basket she can put it on the counter top for now i put them on cards and i will laser print my logo on to them-i will bring a nice basket dressed up-great ideas! I have no idea how her store is set up they might just put it on a display rack --If this works out i can hopefully expand
Old 06-25-2009, 03:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoPiccolo View Post
I made one that turned out pretty cute. I bought some satin pillowcases (so the headbands could slide on and off easily) sewed each one together to make a long cylinder shape, stuffed it with stuffing and tied the ends with coordinating organza ribbon. It was super easy, cheap, and quick~ they turned out pretty. I've had several customers want to buy them for their daughters headbands.

This idea sounds cute, do you have any pics?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:18

Congrats and Good luck!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:20

Wow, I'm excited for you! Good Luck!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:00

I went through that same thing about 2 months ago!! I took my headbands, korkers, bows to an upscale kid's store to see what she was interested in. She placed an order, and I hope it keeps going! In fact, I got an e-mail from her yesterday saying she wants me to reproduce some bows another woman was doing for her bc she wants me to be her only supplier!! So, if I were you, I would take a lot of different styles/colors (something you might not like, she might LOVE) in a cute basket or bag. Make sure you have wholesale prices ready (so much per dozen). (Or some stores are consignment) Then once she places her order and you see where she wants them, you can then make up display cards or a basket, etc. You may not want to worry too much and maybe make something/waste money she may not be able to use. Good luck to you! That is great! If you have any more questions, just PM me!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:44

Good luck! let us know how it turns out!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:28

I have seen where people take those neck roll pillows and stick the headbands on them. If you have one you could just cover it in girly fabric and maybe wrap the ends with some tulle....i think it would also be pretty easy to just make one and stuff it. The pvc idea is good too. If you have it displayed horizontally it looks kinda like a piece of candy lol.
i second the idea to make price tags out of scrapbooking stuff. I've done that before with my tutus. Just get some awesome printed cardstock and use the punches you can find at Hobby Lobby or if you're good with scissors cut your own. I had a gift tag shaped punch and i just attached it with string. Write on the solid side with colored gel pens and it looks very cute.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:58

Hi! This is my first post (gonna go introduce myself in just a minute) but I wanted to mention as another lady did about the oatmeal container. I did this for my daughter...I covered it in batting (made it a little fluffier) and then covered it in cute fabric but I left enough on the ends so I could gather it and tie a ribbon around each end. It looks like a cute little wrapped candy! LOL My sister fell in love with it and confiscated it for her DD but I made another one using an empty powder infant formula can.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicloud View Post
At a boutique sale I saw this gal that had made her own headband display. It was this nice cylinder shape covered in fabric. It lookes really nice and for the life of me I could not figure out how she made it. So i picked it up and inspected it. It is just 2 toilet paper rolls stacked ontop of eachother. Then she covered it with fabric. Cute idea!
I would think you could also use a paper towel roll?

Good luck, and congratulations! This is very exciting!
Sponsored Links