new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-09-2009, 01:06

Default Re: need help painting bottlecaps

I have heard you can use a cheap walmart paint and then bake them in the oven. I want to say 275 for 20-30 minutes. I have not tried this yet, but maybe it's something you can experiment with.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 07-09-2009, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgucci75 View Post
again that is great for people who want to buy them but this thread was regarding how to paint them not buy them.

initially i was just trying to figure out which was the best method to use so was hoping someone that had done it would have some suggestions. but i just did a little research online & have figured out several paints that seem to work great i'm just waiting a few weeks to see how they hold up. it really isn't hard if you use a good paint and seal it.

i have done both spray painting as well as hand painting which sounds time consuming but it really wasn't.

the spray paint will def leave a smoother surface but for those who live in cold weather or don't want to go outside to spray can always paint them.

i will post the process i used when test is complete but a few good brands i would suggest are:

if you use a primer, paint & sealer will always have the best results. a lot of people say they don't use the primer but i did.

rust-oleum excellent brand from home depot offers craft spray paint & brush on as well as the primer & sealer. high quality.

krylon spray paint & they have a spray sealerbrush on paint as well

delta permenamel great for metal & coats nice goes with surface conditioner & sealer

more to come....
And my point was I was sharing that if you don't want to have to waste the time & money to make them yourself, then there's a very inexpensive option & person to buy them from. I was just trying to help.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:37

i used the krylon spraypaint for metals, wicker and other stuff, it worked great but a hint on the lighter colors don't try and cover them all in 1 coat or it will go on the underneath and goop up =( happened to my light pink ones lol but the black ones did much better =)
Old 08-04-2009, 12:30

I haven't tried it but if I were to try I would use the "Painters Fine Markers". The ones that you shake and then push the tip down and the ink flows to the tip. Then use a sealer.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:54

I have been making these for a while and this is what I have found works best: I use the spray paint from Lowe's (I want to try different brands to see if they're better but haven't gotten that far yet), prime, paint, and seal. Then I bake them in the oven. If I don't bake them they scratch even with the sealer. Also put on light coats of paint, otherwise the paint will bubble or crack. I usually do 1 coat of primer, 2 coats of paint, and 1 coat of sealer.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:54

i use krylon spray paint, tip for the lighter colors spray on lighter coats and let dry each time or the paint cracks =( learned that the hard way!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:04

marking
Old 12-27-2010, 10:40

I wonder if you could use the sharpie paint pens/markers?????
Old 12-27-2010, 02:17

I've been painting my own for a few months now. I like being able to paint them the perfect color for whatever image I want to use. I use acrylic paint and paint them by hand (the lighter colors take several coats). It can be time consuming but the results are fabulous! After I get them painted and dried to my liking I adhere the image and seal it with a layer of et lite and then pour on the dome and get the bubbles out like usual. Anyway this is what I do and it works very well. There is no flaking when you punk holes. They do not scratch. I have been thinking about trying spray paint and a sealer or spray paint and the et lite seal but I haven't done it yet. I do tons of caps at a time so it doesn't seem like such a hassle. If I was doing one at a time I wouldn't want to go through that process 10 times a month but if I do a hundred at a time then I don't have to do it again for a while. sorry for the ramble but I wanted to share what I do so that maybe it will help some of you that were wanting to do it yourself. I know this thread is old but I think there is probably still some interest

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.