Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-20-2009, 09:55

Default Re: It's too bulky!!!

How are you putting your layers together? Sewing instead of glueing reduces the bulk. I don't have any other suggestions.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2009, 11:27

i was going to suggest sewing instead of gluing also. If you use a really good thick thread it shouldn't break. When im finishing i usually wrap my pliers around the tread a couple of times to make it as tight as possible and then i pull with all my might. I can get them pretty tight.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanew View Post
How are you putting your layers together? Sewing instead of glueing reduces the bulk. I don't have any other suggestions.

I sew everything now. I didn't used to until I started sewing my korkers and realized the much better quality I was getting. I use a super thick thread and double it to make it really strong so I can tighten as much as possible. I try not to glue anything except the final knot.
Hrm...I dunno. It only happens when I make the large bows with 1.5". Everything else always turns out perfect.

Thanks for all your suggestions ladies, I guess I'll just have to do some more trial and error with some scrap ribbon.
Sponsored Links