Craft Show Display Ideas
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-gift-basket-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/clothesline-for-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/bow-card-punch-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-display-bow-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/custom%20bow%20cards-3-sm.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/dress-form-craft-show-display-title.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 09:40
carla25's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the south!
Posts: 48
Default woven headbands

I bought the instructions from "little can of beans" and in her instructions she says the words "tidy" and "chorus" and I have no clue to what she is talking about.....I feel so stupid??? Can someone please help me????? I think by chorus she might mean repeat a step, but I feel like she is not clear on what step to repeat, and tidy....may be refering to a bow....I don't know...please help, if you have to PM me that is fine.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 10:20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pocatello, Idaho
Posts: 203
Default

When I read the instructions after I bought them I thought tidy up means to make sure your ribbon is nice and straight and that it is up close to the other ribbon. Kind of like tidy up your living room. I took chorus as repeat the steps. Just like in a song the chorus is repeated over and over. I could be totally wrong and if I am please don't laught to loud. I might be able to hear you here in Idaho.
Stacey
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 10:53
justjoan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: west michigan!
Posts: 2,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceylynnsharp View Post
When I read the instructions after I bought them I thought tidy up means to make sure your ribbon is nice and straight and that it is up close to the other ribbon. Kind of like tidy up your living room. I took chorus as repeat the steps. Just like in a song the chorus is repeated over and over. I could be totally wrong and if I am please don't laught to loud. I might be able to hear you here in Idaho.
Stacey

Can you hear me in Michigan?

No, you're right. Tidy is just her way of saying get all the ribbon neat, laying right, tight together, etc. And repeat the chorus is just that, repeat what you just did.

I know exactly what you mean. When I first did them, I was going, like what is she saying???? I was already having a hissy fit trying to do the dang thing! It will become so easy. Stick with it!
__________________
Joan

ISO: manners
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:00
carla25's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the south!
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
Can you hear me in Michigan?

No, you're right. Tidy is just her way of saying get all the ribbon neat, laying right, tight together, etc. And repeat the chorus is just that, repeat what you just did.

I know exactly what you mean. When I first did them, I was going, like what is she saying???? I was already having a hissy fit trying to do the dang thing! It will become so easy. Stick with it!
Well I am going to attempt to do one this weekend, I hope I can get it right, thanks for explaining. i just noticed on the bottom of the directions her email is listed so i guess if I need any specifics, I will just have to email her (which I hope I don't and I can catch on...lol)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:05
justjoan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: west michigan!
Posts: 2,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla25 View Post
Well I am going to attempt to do one this weekend, I hope I can get it right, thanks for explaining. i just noticed on the bottom of the directions her email is listed so i guess if I need any specifics, I will just have to email her (which I hope I don't and I can catch on...lol)
she's very quick to get back with you, so that's nice. IMHO - when you get ready to do it...make sure no one is around, lol! I can laugh now because been there done that.
__________________
Joan

ISO: manners
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 2,276
Default

When I first did it, I had to do the colors EXACTLY like she had them (green, pink, etc). I had to redo stuff over and over. I have follow everything exactly! Keep in mind that I am a doctoral student, working on my last 4 classes. Those directions are great, don't get me wrong. But that braiding stuff blew my mind (and I'm used to reading technical stuff!).

I told my husband I was going to end up with a million of pink/green/brown/beige headbands! it's all I could do. LOL
__________________
Laura
Have we been in a transaction? Please leave me feedback and ask me to do the same. THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008, 12:04
justjoan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: west michigan!
Posts: 2,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelzer View Post
When I first did it, I had to do the colors EXACTLY like she had them (green, pink, etc). I had to redo stuff over and over. I have follow everything exactly! Keep in mind that I am a doctoral student, working on my last 4 classes. Those directions are great, don't get me wrong. But that braiding stuff blew my mind (and I'm used to reading technical stuff!).

I told my husband I was going to end up with a million of pink/green/brown/beige headbands! it's all I could do. LOL
Laura - know what I did? The first one I made took me an hour and a half! The second one took me that long because I kept rewriting the directions. For me, I numbered the ribbon instead of using colors. 1, 2, 3, 4 and where it went made more sense to me than the colors. The colors had no system, lol! If nothing interupts me, I can do one in about 15 to 20 minutes - but something always interupts me! Thank goodness for clothespins!
__________________
Joan

ISO: manners
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008, 12:20
trg2577's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 252
Default

who has the best directions for these headbands....i wanna try one...
Tina
__________________
"All little girls should be told they are beautiful"
Marilyn
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008, 12:29
justjoan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: west michigan!
Posts: 2,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg2577 View Post
who has the best directions for these headbands....i wanna try one...
Tina

Little Can Of Beans at You Can Make This - you can go to that site by clicking on Michelle's link to it or Heather's link to it
__________________
Joan

ISO: manners
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008, 08:07
Claire's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 490
Default

I had to ignore the tidy/chorus parts b/c they confused me. I was tydying at every step anyway and the chorus part seemed unnecessary to say.

It's confusing at first but once you get it, you've got it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP PLEASE w/ woven headbands tabitwhe How to make... 9 12-07-2008 09:31
How well to woven your woven headbands sell? bowdeelicious How to make... 40 12-07-2008 01:52
woven headbands dwntffny How to make... 11 10-30-2008 01:33
? about woven headbands princess_stinkypants_mom How to make... 10 07-01-2008 09:18
My Woven Headbands jen7170 Hairbow Gallery 19 04-18-2008 09:12

new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/no-liner-bottle-cap-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-soft-ball.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-dizzy-bees-ribbon-grosgrain-combo-.JPG
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/ladybug-applique-red-dot.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/half-wrapped%2050mm-snap-clips.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/flat-back-pearl-shpk.JPG

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger