Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-17-2009, 07:52

Default Anyone else feel like they weren't born to make bows?!

Ugh...I feel like such a loser. I just can't seem to make a nice bow to save my life! Headbands, no problem, clippies...sure! Flip flops? FUN! But when I try to make a stinkin' simple bow I feel like screaming!So with my first big wholesale check I bought the TNT--surely I could do them then..not! I follow the instructions and they just don't look good, the bow is even, I can just never get the crease right. I now I should just practice more, but wasting ribbon (not to mention my sanity) just doesn't sound like something I want to do. Luckily my wholesale buyer likes my headbands, pony-os and korkers and has someone else to do the bows, but it is more of a pride thing I guess...I don't want the bows to get the best of me! LOL...sorry for the rant..I just feel sometimes that I just wasn't wired to make bows....
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-17-2009, 07:54

Default Re: Anyone else feel like they weren't born to make bows?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlewahoos View Post
Ugh...I feel like such a loser. I just can't seem to make a nice bow to save my life! Headbands, no problem, clippies...sure! Flip flops? FUN! But when I try to make a stinkin' simple bow I feel like screaming!So with my first big wholesale check I bought the TNT--surely I could do them then..not! I follow the instructions and they just don't look good, the bow is even, I can just never get the crease right. I now I should just practice more, but wasting ribbon (not to mention my sanity) just doesn't sound like something I want to do. Luckily my wholesale buyer likes my headbands, pony-os and korkers and has someone else to do the bows, but it is more of a pride thing I guess...I don't want the bows to get the best of me! LOL...sorry for the rant..I just feel sometimes that I just wasn't wired to make bows....
Oh, I can SOOOOOO totally relate!!! One of these days I am going to just buy the templates, but until then I just gotta try to do bows that look even half-decent. Good thing I have a LOT of nieces to practice on--they don't notice if it's not totally perfect, they still love them!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:01

ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got some ribbon to practice making a bow and i ended up making a ribbon rose
Old 06-17-2009, 08:06

Thanks ladies..at least I am not alone! I wish mine turned out like a rose...they just look yucky! (sigh) Guess I'll try some more, then pick myself back up with a headband or two...
Old 06-17-2009, 08:18

I tried making a bow a few times, then I ordered the Ultimate BBM kit. I'm still waiting for it. Hopefully, it will help
Old 06-17-2009, 08:23

I like the TNT--it is clear, but dang if I can sew a bow! I hope you have better luck!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:39

I figured out that I could pin them and then sew with my machine. I wasn't able to do a boutique bow before that because of carpal tunnel. I know I could do a lot more were it not for my hands, so I try not to get too frustrated about it.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:02

LOL oh i know when i can compete with awesomeness of the great bow makers on here I stick with what i know and good at.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:11

I can't make a bow for anything. I don't have a need to try though since my sister makes all my bows. She is awesome though... She didn't even know there was such a thing as templates until she got on here. She has never used one!! And her bows are gorgeous!! She was made to make bows! Now when she started out we thought those bows were great, but those were some sad bows looking back. Four years of making bows and she has it perfected. Don't give up and keep trying!! I can't give you any pointers though since I could not make a pretty bow to save my life.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:14

HAHAHA me too!! I just dont have the time to practice to master it! I can make simple bows, no problem, but when it comes to the twisted **WHAMMY** I really cant do it!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.