http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-15-2009, 09:07

Default Embroidery Help

I am getting ready to add wipe case covers and pacifier holders to my website with my hairbows. I am wanting to be able to offer my customers their baby's name or initials on these items but I don't have a clue. Can you all help me or point me somewhere that can. I just want to hand embroider
Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2009, 09:20

Default Re: Embroidery Help

do you need to learn how to embroider or just how to embroider on fabric for wipes case? if you don't know how to embroider by hand, there are lots of videos to watch on youtube, just type in how to hand embroider, also there is a free tutorial i'm almost positive on Sewing and applique patterns, ebooks, instructions and much more! | YouCanMakeThis.com

if you need to know how to embroider on wipes case, just cut your pattern out, prior to attaching and gluing th fabric to the wipes case, you need to embroider--it would be good to have a stabilizer behind for clean stitches, so there is also no puckering of the fabric beneath because you may pull harder than you realize on certain stitches and i would suggest doing a satin stitch for thicker letters that stand out HTH

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 06-16-2009, 11:49

Just FYI, Embroidering by hand can be very time consuming, especially if you are just learning, so make sure you don't short change yourself with your pricing. I am still saving for my own machine, but in the meantime, I barter with a friend to do all of my embroidering! So make sure you kcheck out all of the avenues available to you!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:58

Thanks girls for the help. How much do you all charge for your wipe case covers???
Old 06-17-2009, 11:56

Sorry, I can't help there, as I don't make them!

However, when I want to know what others charge, I search etsy and ebay by location. That way I know what others in my area are charging for the same kind of items. That is not saying that all products are created equal, but it would give you a rough idea.

Then figure out what your cost is (don't forget to pay yoursell for your time), how much profit you want to make and see it your product would sell for that amount in your area.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:24

maybe it would be faster if you bought iron transfers? you can get nice letters for a sheet of all the letters-scroll ones and simple ones--I got mine from Micheals and Fabricland-im sure they have them everywhere crafts are sold thou
The wipe cases sell for approx 10.00 here-
Old 06-18-2009, 03:01

Thanks Girls for the help. I didn't know I could get the iron ons ike that. The only problem is there is no craft store where I live. Walmart is about as good as it gets. So everything I get I have to order online somewhere which is hard when I dont know where to look.

Last edited by JessicaNicole45; 06-18-2009 at 03:04.
Sponsored Links