Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-15-2009, 12:22

Default How do you ATTACH the Bottle Caps to the Bows

I have it all figured out, FINALLY on the bottle caps, except a really good way to attach them to the Bows. Especially Bows that will be on Flip Flops.

I would appreciate some suggestions, I do not want them falling off since I am selling them.

Thanks Tons for your help.

K
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 12:26

Default Re: How do you ATTACH the Bottle Caps to the Bows

I have read that some glue those medal things from buttons onto the back of the bottle caps and sew them on. I personally just hot glue mine on with a high temp gun. They are not going anywhere. I tried to pull things off of my bows to see how strong they were on there, it was unreal how those things were stuck.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:41

I don't make flip flops, but I glue my caps on the bows with E6000. I haven't had any come off. I had some come off with hot glue.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:49

i glue mine on with e600, glue gun will melt int the heat it has happened to me tons of times, especially on flip flops the heat from your feat can melt them, i also use e600 on the bow and a tad on the wrap around that way i know that they are not moving, glue gun will eventually melt off trust me you might not can pull them off but let them sit on the son for a while like at a craft show and you will be able to pull the off!!!
veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 06-15-2009, 09:59

I drill a hole in both ends then I thread a tiny ribbon through the holes then I hot glue under the ribbon that I thread through and lots on top. Push in center of bow then I turn the bow over and glue the ends around the bow. Make sure the ribbon is long enough to do this.

I have given up on everything except this method. I wish It was easier.

check out my space or blog maybe you can find a photo of the bows or flops I make with caps and if you look close you will see what I am talking about.

Hope this helps. It is so crazy to get these bottlecaps to stay.
I wish that others would give us their secrets. This is always a problem

Teresa
Old 06-15-2009, 11:56

That's a great idea! If only I didn't hate punching the holes in them!
That would be especially good on flip flops!

Old 06-15-2009, 01:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
That's a great idea! If only I didn't hate punching the holes in them!
That would be especially good on flip flops!

I understand I have drilled into my finger one time. I just use a drill with a small bit hold it down on the work table and drill. I am more careful now after making the mistake.

Teresa
Old 06-15-2009, 01:59

THE PROBLEM WITH USING HOT GLUE IS IF IT IS TOO HOT THEN DO TEND TO COME OFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutesandladders1980 View Post
I have read that some glue those medal things from buttons onto the back of the bottle caps and sew them on. I personally just hot glue mine on with a high temp gun. They are not going anywhere. I tried to pull things off of my bows to see how strong they were on there, it was unreal how those things were stuck.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:29

Your wooten bow looks pretty cute with the ribbon going thru the cap. You can barely see it, but I don't even think it matters, if the ribbon matches.

Thanks for the idea.

I'm just getting into the bottle cap thing.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileytm View Post
I understand I have drilled into my finger one time. I just use a drill with a small bit hold it down on the work table and drill. I am more careful now after making the mistake.

Teresa
they make jewlery hole punches i can't for the life of me think of the name of them, but they just glide through like butter, soo easy, if i think of the name of them i will let you know!

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg