New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-15-2009, 05:36

Default Re: korkers and pony o's

Ok ladies LOL I made 196 korkers so far....HOW in the HECK do you get the woodburner to cut them without killing your ribbon! For me it is just quicker to cut and lighter seal, becasue I tried with the WB, and I kept knicking the ribbon with the burner....WHAT am I doing wrong? And as far as the drill OH I have given up on that! I cant get an even curl! URGH **sorry to hijack the thread
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 06-15-2009, 05:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessfancypants View Post
Ok ladies LOL I made 196 korkers so far....HOW in the HECK do you get the woodburner to cut them without killing your ribbon! For me it is just quicker to cut and lighter seal, becasue I tried with the WB, and I kept knicking the ribbon with the burner....WHAT am I doing wrong? And as far as the drill OH I have given up on that! I cant get an even curl! URGH **sorry to hijack the thread
gave up on the drill too, my ribbon gets all overlapped! And I also cut and lighter seal mine...but mostly because I haven't had the time to open up the woodburner yet.

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 06-15-2009, 10:55

I would love to see the zip ties too. Anything to make these things easier. Now I've got more orders!! UGH!! I'm afraid to try the drill and the woodburner!! Seems like so many people have trouble.

On the drill do you just drill a hole in the end of the dowel? I'm afraid on the woodburner that I will melt my ribbon.

Are there videos on you tube?

Thanks so much for everyones help too. I learn so much on this forum it's great!!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:18

Sorry can't find the usb to upload pics this late. But anyhoo, try 1/16 -13/16" x 4" cable ties. Just got them from my husbands nite stand. Been meaning to try them. I believe these will work because I tried the larger width ties and it was tight but I could still pull out the korker. Since these are much thinner it might work. Also, you might want to add some E6000 in between the korkers when using the cable ties. No, I have NOT tried this method because I'm doing a MILLION other things around the house but have it on my list to try when I get the time. Let us know how this works. It may be the answer for us all.

Shawn
Old 06-16-2009, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessfancypants View Post
To keep from knicking the adjacent curls I take my finger and thumb and spread the curls apart so I have clear access to the part I'm going to cut with the wood burner. Does that make sense? (just be careful not to knick your fingers. ha!ha!) I can cut and seal a dowel of korkers in about 2 minutes!!

www.mycutiepea.etsy.com
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41

i've bought zips at the dollar store. cheap cheap cheap!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:17

ok spreading with fingers makes sence, but 2 min. is way to long, when it only takes me about 45 seconds to cut and seal with a ligher! 2 min a dowel would be 8 min a korker plus 2 to assemble, that just seems to long for me lol.....urgh if only there was a machine, you just stick your ribbon in and out come perfectly korked, cut and sealed ribbon, a girl can dream cant she?
Sponsored Links