http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-14-2009, 09:22
Super Moderator

Default Re: HELP ME!! make a wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahomommyof4 View Post
Did she know it was your item? There's no etsy store info w/ your siggy, so I doubt she was trying to offend you. There's lots of people who point to etsy or ebay items and ask how they are made (obviously so they can make their own).

Actually, that is exactly why I don't have a direct link to my shop on here. Why should I put a link on here..a place full of bow makers... to direct them to come browse my shop for ideas, it's not like that many are going to buy? (Nor do I agree with everyone posting links to people site/stores asking for help on how to make their own, and pick the items apart trying to figure it out. But hey that's just me )
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2009, 09:23

Maybe if you found a tute online for a full-bodied dog & then did it in the gray ribbon & then add a head on. I think just the gray ribbon in and of itself would help make it distinguished as a wolf and not just a dog (as long as you don't add like floppy ears that are definitely a regular dog).

After looking on etsy, I know you are looking to do a ribbon sculpture but these clippies are just too dang cute:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24586227&ref=sr_galler y_10&&ga_search_query=ribbon+wolf&ga_search_type=h andmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

The same lady has these too, and they are dang cute:
Handmade Accessories on Etsy - RED RIDING HOOD.....................2 BUTTON HAIR CLIPPIES by CuckooBoo

If anyone on this forum has this store, your items are so dang cute!!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:18

I can totally see Miranda's point here. It's one thing to post a link and say "This is so cute, where can I find this ribbon?" Or "I love this, Does anyone know of a tutorial so make one just like it?". But if you find your item in a thread that says "can someone help me pick this apart and tell me how to make it?". I'm sure you might feel a bit peeved unless you were the one who made the item and are offering it up as an example.

Not that this thread was asking to pick apart anyones item, that wasn't the original intent I know, but sometimes these threads can quickly turn into that when links of others items are shared. And I'm sure that is were Miranda's thought process comes from.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 06-15-2009, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda1 View Post
Actually, that is exactly why I don't have a direct link to my shop on here. Why should I put a link on here..a place full of bow makers... to direct them to come browse my shop for ideas, it's not like that many are going to buy? (Nor do I agree with everyone posting links to people site/stores asking for help on how to make their own, and pick the items apart trying to figure it out. But hey that's just me )
I don't know if Miranda does any tutes at all, but maybe if you ask her if she'd be interested in putting one up for sale in her etsy store, it may be something she'd do? I've seen items that I'm interested in doing myself & have asked people who have items for sale if they have a tutorial for sale for that item so I can purchase them and make them too, or else I just buy the item if it's not something I want to make myself, or if it's just something so cute I just gotta have it. Just an idea. I know that bowmakers that sell their stuff are very busy with orders, etc., but you wouldn't be any worse off just asking I know a lot of time & effort go into making a tutorial, so some don't have the time to do them. But like I said, it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:49

Everyone is just so defensive on this site now! I posted for her to BUY which I thought might be easier and quicker for her! I did NOT give her step by step instructions on how to make the one I posted! I simply thought it was cute. I've seen MANY "how can I make" then etsy items are shown and they just say it would be easier to just buy it instead.
I am sorry now that I gave your shop any exposure....relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda1 View Post
Old 06-15-2009, 01:57

Getting pointed in the right direction is not easy here anymore -and you have to be v-E-r-Y specific when trying to point someone in the right direction so others don't get offended!!
I mentioned it because I thought it was cute....for her TO BUY if she had no luck finding someone to help her make her own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahomommyof4 View Post
Did she know it was your item? There's no etsy store info w/ your siggy, so I doubt she was trying to offend you. There's lots of people who point to etsy or ebay items and ask how they are made (obviously so they can make their own).
Old 06-15-2009, 01:58

I'm sorry I asked. I was not intending to start an argument, I apologize for any drama that my question started. I guess that I will try to figure it out by myself. Thank you for trying to help. Well here is a pic of the dress made of the story book fabric and again sorry for causing any drama .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (96.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (79.6 KB, 21 views)
Old 06-15-2009, 02:08

It was in no way your fault! I HONESTLY was just trying to help you find a cute wolf
Good luck and i'm sure whatever you make your for your little girl to wear will turn out just cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie&JacksMommy View Post
I'm sorry I asked. I was not intending to start an argument, I apologize for any drama that my question started. I guess that I will try to figure it out by myself. Thank you for trying to help. Well here is a pic of the dress made of the story book fabric and again sorry for causing any drama .
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26
Super Moderator

I love that fabric, cute dresses!

I wasn't trying to come off as overly defensive, just explaining myself when questioned why I don't have a link to my shop here. I have been a member here way longer then it appears (I was under a different name and closed that account when the BIG drama hit the fan a while back) so when I decided to come back and help Michelle as a Mod because as far as I know all the other Mods left, I decided to just not link to my shop to nip any issues in the bud.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47

Oh that is so cute
I found a fabric similar also at walmart and with the same theme but a little different, maybe they are both from the same manufacturer? My daughter is 3.5 and loved it when she saw it...she is already asking for a dress for herself to be made out of it ..
Here is the link to the fabric I got:
princessbowbow.com
It's the one called fairy tales , second at the eighth row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie&JacksMommy View Post