http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-19-2009, 05:32

Default Re: Boutique party hats on a headband????

No problem, I'm a blog junkie and it's where I find most of my tuturials that I use, most of the items that are on youcanmakethis for $ I find on blogs for free, I love that people are still willing to share tricks and info to folks like me who haven't a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahsmom View Post
You have saved me I have been looking for the tie pattern for ever. THANK YOU THANK YOUSO MUCH
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:46

This might be a crazy/weird idea, but here goes...do you think it would work to use one of those styrofome (is that the way you spell it??) cones and cover that with the fabric?? I was awake at 0 dark 30 the other morning and that popped into my head. It would keep it's shape, but would it be too heavy?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:06

Wow - the is a brilliant idea! I think I will try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlewahoos View Post
This might be a crazy/weird idea, but here goes...do you think it would work to use one of those styrofome (is that the way you spell it??) cones and cover that with the fabric?? I was awake at 0 dark 30 the other morning and that popped into my head. It would keep it's shape, but would it be too heavy?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:16

I finally got my marabou and here is my creation. Does the little bow at the top look funny?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paisley party hat.jpg (20.0 KB, 118 views)
Old 06-24-2009, 10:28

OMG - I LOVE IT! What did you use for the hat part? Also how did you attach to the headband?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbabb View Post
I finally got my marabou and here is my creation. Does the little bow at the top look funny?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:35

I used the heavyweight interfacing with fabric. I attached the headband by cutting a slit (the size of the headband) on each side. I took the headband apart and threaded it through the slits and then sewed it back together. I didn't stuff it or anything.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38

Did you cover a bday hat or just use the interfacing?

Quote:
I used the heavyweight interfacing with fabric. I attached the headband by cutting a slit (the size of the headband) on each side. I took the headband apart and threaded it through the slits and then sewed it back together. I didn't stuff it or anything.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:52

Oh my goodness yours looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:43

I love this, I love the bow, mind if I still it, I needed something added to mine and couldn't figure out what but think this is the answer. I also want to add more pops of tulle to the top but had the hardest time figuring out how to attach the tulle to the top, I know with marabou you just wrap it around but not with tulle, any suggestions?

Quote:
Old 06-26-2009, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeincreation View Post
Did you cover a bday hat or just use the interfacing?
I only used the interfacing. Much easier than trying to cover a hat, IMO. And it's very sturdy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaynamills View Post
I love this, I love the bow, mind if I still it, I needed something added to mine and couldn't figure out what but think this is the answer. I also want to add more pops of tulle to the top but had the hardest time figuring out how to attach the tulle to the top, I know with marabou you just wrap it around but not with tulle, any suggestions?
I would make a tulle pom pom and sew it through the top of the hat. I would think it would hold with the fabric and all.