ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-11-2009, 10:05

Default Re: Boutique party hats on a headband????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~charlotte~ View Post
Do you have a GFS locally? I'll bet they'd sell them.
What's GFS?
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-11-2009, 10:12

Okay, found some cups on ebay. How would I cover the bottom once I stuff it? I was thinking maybe cut a circle of fabric and add slits around the circle to get it to fit the curves.....
Old 06-11-2009, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbabb View Post
That definitely sounds light enough, but would they be big enough. Not as big as the regular size, but a little smaller.

I found this on Amazon ...

Amazon.com: Back to Basics SITCS25LP 6-Ounce Snow-Cone Cups and Spoon Straws, Set of 25: Kitchen & Dining

Product Description
Amazon.com Product Description
Perfect for picnics, pool parties, or backyard barbecues, this collection of disposable snow-cone cups and straws makes clean-up a snap. The set includes 25 6-ounce snow-cone cups with decorative summertime icons like beach balls, sunglasses, and flip-flops, as well as 25 brightly colored easy-scoop spoon straws designed to capture every last delicious drop. The cone-shaped paper cups fit the Back to Basics dual ice-shaver cup holder, or they can just be filled with standard shaved ice and flavoring for a refreshing warm-weather treat. The snow-cone cups measure approximately 3-1/5 by 3-1/5 by 4-1/2 inches.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:28

I think interfacing sounds like a good idea....you can buy the heavy one and it is pretty sturdy....I am sure you can find a pattern on the internet or just buy a birthday hat and take it apart for the pattern....couldn't you maybe cut slits at the bottom of the interfacing and thread the elastic through both sides.....I don't necessarily think you would have to have a bottom to the cone....it would prob fit better to their head if there wasn't one....hmmmm.....just thinking out loud also....LOL
Old 06-11-2009, 10:33

Walmart sells the cones in the summer/snowcone stuff. We got them before they were are clearence for a 1.00 for a small box of about 20 cones. I think I will try this tonite.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by madimacks.mommy View Post
I think interfacing sounds like a good idea....you can buy the heavy one and it is pretty sturdy....I am sure you can find a pattern on the internet or just buy a birthday hat and take it apart for the pattern....couldn't you maybe cut slits at the bottom of the interfacing and thread the elastic through both sides.....I don't necessarily think you would have to have a bottom to the cone....it would prob fit better to their head if there wasn't one....hmmmm.....just thinking out loud also....LOL
Hmmmmm.....but how would you use a headband instead of elastic?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:34

Here is a tutorial on making them...

How to Make a Custom Boutique Birthday Hat | Featured Products | YouCanMakeThis.com

Also....these are sooo cute too....

Pink,Black,Green,Blue Dress Up First Birthday Hat - eBay (item 290321771881 end time Jul-03-09 09:07:49 PDT)

I am still looking if I find a better tutorial I will share....
Old 06-11-2009, 10:36

I suppose you could go to the doaalr sroe and just buy a pack of bday hats and make them smaller by butting the bottoms off!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbabb View Post
Hmmmmm.....but how would you use a headband instead of elastic?
I don't know how you could use like a crochet headband, but if you used a regular one you could always cut it and thread it through and then sew it back together.....or you could use FOE elastic that is really popular for infant headbands right now....

OH BTW....Hobby Lobby sells a stiff felt one that is decorated in their party stuff....I have almost bought one a couple times to take apart as a pattern....
Old 06-11-2009, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by madimacks.mommy View Post
Here is a tutorial on making them...

How to Make a Custom Boutique Birthday Hat | Featured Products | YouCanMakeThis.com

Also....these are sooo cute too....

Pink,Black,Green,Blue Dress Up First Birthday Hat - eBay (item 290321771881 end time Jul-03-09 09:07:49 PDT)

I am still looking if I find a better tutorial I will share....
I saw the one on "you can make this" I just didn't wan't to spend the money if the instructions weren't really worth it. Does anyone have these instructions and want to tell us the quality of them?

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.