New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-07-2009, 10:22

Question Question About TuTu's

So i just started making Tutus and i find that if i put to much tulle on it stretches the elastic out, example i made one for my daughter and made it a 20 inch waist but when i was done it was stetched like 2 inches and doesnt fit her now and i was going to put 50 yards of tulle on but i prob only used 40 beacause it was stetched so far is this normal am i using the wrong elastic? I would like to use more tulle so it is fuller any suggestions but i dont want to stetch them out to do it? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2009, 11:31

Default Re: Question About TuTu's

I use mostly the 3/4" non skid elastic (walmart) and finally saw that I was pulling them way to tight when knotting the tulle! I double layer most of mine to get them more fluff & poof. I saw on one of the threads on here (couldn't tell you which one or when) but one of the ladies on here said to put your thumb/finger under the knot/on top of the elastic and put quite a bit of pressure while tightening your knot. That tid bit of advice helped me out a lot. Gets my knots as tight as they can get without making my elastic stretch or loose shape. Make any sense?? HTH....
Old 06-08-2009, 12:04

with those instructions you purchased, did you not get that link to the quick video that shows you how to pull? are you also taking 5inches off the actual measurement of the waist? i don't pull as tight and i gently slide it over to prevent stretching, but also use non-roll elastic

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 06-08-2009, 12:09

yea I get the 1' non roll. And I always subtract 2' from the waist size when sewing. Its always going to end up a lil bigger after tieing and pulling on the tulle. Just keep that in mind!~
Old 06-08-2009, 12:15

The elastic always stretches out. I usually measure the waist pretty snug and then subtract like an inch. I've had to unsew the elastic before and shorten it because I forgot to subtract!! That's a pain.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:16

I use 3/4 inch no roll elastic, I bought some instructions but none of them told me that it would stretch out so i thought i might be doing something wrong! So basically if the waist i need is 20 inch cut the elastic to 18 inches?
Sponsored Links