Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-07-2009, 09:48

Question How do you make these?

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I still have to introduce myself in the introduction forum, but I thought I would go ahead and ask this while my LO is giving me the chance.

I am loving the free instructions on how to make bows, since I have a daughter of my own AND a niece, however I can't find any free instructions on how to make a bow such as these:

*images from kitsdreations.com & Photobucket

Does anyone know where I can find this free tutorial?

Thank you,

Alexandra
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-07-2009, 10:19

Default Re: How do you make these?

I know there are a lot of wonderful paid instructions for these kinds of bows but I have only found one free one. It's not exactly what you are looking for but it does put you on the right track. Here is a bow I made for my daughter after working on it a few times. You can also leave out the bottom bow if you don't want it to be so tall and have your spikes be the bottom of your bow.

Free How to Cover Alligator Clips Instructions: hairbow free directions, hair bow business work at home
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bows 008.jpg (73.6 KB, 73 views)
Old 06-07-2009, 10:57

Welcome! I'm glad you are finding all of the free stuff useful. It's definitely a great way to get started.

The bows you are showing are a combination of many parts. The center bow is a twisted boutique, then there are the surrouding loops, the marabou accents and the back spikes. These are all parts that get combined together to make on big bow. So, you might find it useful to do a search here or on You Tube or Google for each item and get info on how to do them individually and then put it all together. (just and FYI...the twisted boutique is probably the most challenging bow to perfect and takes many of us hours and hours of practice, there are a few different methods as well as templates you can purchase to help you out, but having a really nice twisted center bow makes all the difference.)

Good luck! Hope to see some posts with your creations soon!

www.mycutiepea.etsy.com
Old 06-08-2009, 02:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinwonderland View Post
I know there are a lot of wonderful paid instructions for these kinds of bows but I have only found one free one. It's not exactly what you are looking for but it does put you on the right track. Here is a bow I made for my daughter after working on it a few times. You can also leave out the bottom bow if you don't want it to be so tall and have your spikes be the bottom of your bow.

Free How to Cover Alligator Clips Instructions: hairbow free directions, hair bow business work at home

Thank you, I tried following these instructions earlier and this is what I came out with:

Old 06-08-2009, 02:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiepea View Post
Welcome! I'm glad you are finding all of the free stuff useful. It's definitely a great way to get started.

The bows you are showing are a combination of many parts. The center bow is a twisted boutique, then there are the surrouding loops, the marabou accents and the back spikes. These are all parts that get combined together to make on big bow. So, you might find it useful to do a search here or on You Tube or Google for each item and get info on how to do them individually and then put it all together. (just and FYI...the twisted boutique is probably the most challenging bow to perfect and takes many of us hours and hours of practice, there are a few different methods as well as templates you can purchase to help you out, but having a really nice twisted center bow makes all the difference.)

Good luck! Hope to see some posts with your creations soon!
Thank you!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:25

Just work on your twisted some more(its hard took me over a year) and that bow will look great!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:59

I agree...it needs to be loopier! It looks great, though!! I have a question regarding the marabu...when and how do you attach it? How much and do you treat the ends with anything?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleB'sbowtique View Post
Just work on your twisted some more(its hard took me over a year) and that bow will look great!

the loops or the main bow??

I can't figure out the main bow... do you have a better link than girlythingsbows.com?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:47

The twisted boutique bow tutorial that helped me the most was the hipgirl one. I tried it a few times and would get so frustrated and leave it alone then go back to it. After doing that a few times I was working on it one time and it was like the fog lifted and everything became clear to me. I won't go so far as to say my bows are anywhere near perfect now bc I will always need practice, but it comes so much easier to me now. Here is the link and remember just be patient even when it seems like you will never get it!!!

Boutique Hair Bows : Hip Girl Boutique - , Ribbons, Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Hairbow Hardware, Free Hairbow Instructions
Old 06-08-2009, 07:54

i think it's a cute bow!
Sponsored Links