printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-04-2009, 11:17

Red face need help with flowers

this a stupid question and probably one of the worst ones anyone has asked but how do you make the flowers everybody used for headbands etc.i know you can buy them pre-made but i'm sure you can make them yourself.what flowers do you use.are they the regular flowers you can buy at michaels and you just take them apart? gosh i feel really stupid.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2009, 11:58

Default Re: need help with flowers

Yes, we need help PLEASE
Old 06-04-2009, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelena View Post
Yes, we need help PLEASE
hahaha, so i'm not the only one?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:21

Yes you just pull them apart and glue back together. You can get them anywhere Michaels, HL, the dollar store, etc. Then you just glue them to a clip. Very easy! You can also get a different center-buttons, brads, etc.HTH
Old 06-04-2009, 01:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJdawson View Post
Yes you just pull them apart and glue back together. You can get them anywhere Michaels, HL, the dollar store, etc. Then you just glue them to a clip. Very easy! You can also get a different center-buttons, brads, etc.HTH
thank you so much. i thought that how you make them i just wasn't sure. i feel so embarrassed.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:56

You can buy them from about anywhere I buy most of my gerber dasies at HL when they have them half off...I know that if you are going to make a good bit alot of people on here use We Offer Silk Flowers, Floral Supplies and Silk Wedding Flowers I have also used some of the flowers from HH - Feather Boas, Feather boa, Wholesale feather boas, Cheap feather boa
Old 06-05-2009, 12:16

Also, depending on the flowers you get, for example if you buy the 4" gerbera daisies, if the petals are "floppy" (some seem almost to be starched), after you take them apart, spray them with hairspray and blowdry them, or else starch them. Otherwise your flower has floppy petals that don't look so hot.

But yes, you take your flower & pull off the stem. Then take off the back "hard" plastic part & throw that away. If you want to use the center that came with the flower, you can always add to it like glitter (it looks REALLY cute). Or if it's a larger flower and you are going to use a bottle cap, use the flower center to glue into the back of the bottlecap to take up some of the room rather than just using a big pool 'o hot glue. Lay your largest (bottom) flower down. Put a little bit (seriously, it doesn't take much) hot glue on the center. Take your next petal layer and when you put it on top, make sure that you offset the next set of petals on top of it. Don't lay it on EXACTLY as the one on the bottom--make sure each petal lays between (but still on top of) the two petals on the bottom, all the way around --does that make sense??? It makes your flowers MUCH fuller & nicer looking! Attach all of your layers, then decide what you want for your center, glue THAT on & then attach to a lined clip or whatever! Please post pics when you do them or ask any other questions; feel free to pm me if you want, too!! Good luck!!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:21

I'm pm'ing you :aok:
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg