http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-29-2009, 07:58

Default Mod Podge

I am wanting to make some hairbow holder and cover them with fabric. I was told that Mod Podge is the best stuff to use for this. Anyone know anything about it or even how to do it?

TIA
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-29-2009, 09:22

Default Re: Mod Podge

I know you can make furniture with modge podge and fabric. I use it to make ribbon pic frames so I would assume you could use it for hair bow holders.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:33

I am not sure about fabric, but I use scrapbooking paper to cover wooden plaques and modge podge over them. I have used modge podge to stick the scrapbooking paper on the wooden plaque and that works great as well. If you want an even better hold E600 glue works really well to stick the paper or fabric to the wood and then modge podge over it and it looks great. I use my cricut and cut out all kinds of shapes and designs and then MP over them and they hold. HTH
Tamara
Old 05-31-2009, 04:52

i just seen them use mod podge on martha stewart.im sure they have instructions on their website.i hope it can help you
Old 05-31-2009, 06:30

I use it with fabric all the time.....You use it with fabric just like you would with paper.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:43

You can definitely mod podge over fabric. I have made decoupage shoes this way and many, many other things!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiled_one_dee View Post
I am wanting to make some hairbow holder and cover them with fabric. I was told that Mod Podge is the best stuff to use for this. Anyone know anything about it or even how to do it?

TIA
Mod Podge is super easy to work with!! Paint some on the surface of your holder and then to the wrong side of the fabric and place fabric where you want it to go. Mod Podge is designed to stick to itself.
Sponsored Links