Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-28-2009, 01:46

Default bow holder

i found this seller on etsy with the cutest bow holders! I would like to try and do one myself for my dtr. I finally painted her plaque but have no idea how to put her name on it. I'm not much of a painter. Does anyone know what these fonts are? I would like to use it for her plaque. I'm thinking of just printing it out and tracing it then attempting to paint it? Any other tips on how to do it?
Handmade for Children on Etsy - CUSTOM HANDPAINTED BOUTIQUE CHILDRENS HAIR BOW HOLDER PERSONALIZED by TTotBoutique
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-28-2009, 01:52

Default Re: bow holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvicta View Post
i found this seller on etsy with the cutest bow holders! I would like to try and do one myself for my dtr. I finally painted her plaque but have no idea how to put her name on it. I'm not much of a painter. Does anyone know what these fonts are? I would like to use it for her plaque. I'm thinking of just printing it out and tracing it then attempting to paint it? Any other tips on how to do it?
Handmade for Children on Etsy - CUSTOM HANDPAINTED BOUTIQUE CHILDRENS HAIR BOW HOLDER PERSONALIZED by TTotBoutique

Here is my suggestion....find a font you like on your microsoft and print that. Make your own template..may be a bit of work,but you can do it!!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:55

I'd make a stencil or buy one for the circles. For lettering, I either wing it or make a template and trace with pencil first.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:31

Could you print out the "face" of the plaque and decopauge it on? Wonder if that would work...HMMM
Old 05-28-2009, 02:54

You sure could. Or do photo transfers. It would work better if you could use a laser printer or send it to a print shop. Another thing you can use is a vinyl transfer. If you could find a local vendor it would be easier to get orders out in a timely fashion.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:45

Oh that is a cute bow holder! Maybe you could try Hobby Lobby or any local craft store and see if they have this font in a stencil?

www.doodlesbowtique.com
Old 05-28-2009, 08:19

My SIL makes something similar, she used her cuttlebug to make stencils in the different fonts. HTH
Old 05-28-2009, 08:53

those are so cute
Old 05-28-2009, 09:36

i have looked everywhere for stencils and no such luck, they always had just the broken lettering?--not sure what to call it, but i ended up deciding to purchase the chipboard letters in the fonts that i like and trace it off that way, and if i wanted another font, i would print off from word and print it on cardboard

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 05-28-2009, 10:13

You may already know this, but the wood circle is from Wal-mart and costs around $1. As far as the letter, you can print it any letter in Word on regular paper, place it over the wood and when you rub over the paper with your pencil it will transfer onto the painted wood. You can then use that as your guideline to hand paint over it. Does that make sense? HTH
Sponsored Links