Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   bow holder (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/24872-bow-holder.html)

kvicta 05-28-2009 12:46

bow holder

i found this seller on etsy with the cutest bow holders! I would like to try and do one myself for my dtr. I finally painted her plaque but have no idea how to put her name on it. I'm not much of a painter. Does anyone know what these fonts are? I would like to use it for her plaque. I'm thinking of just printing it out and tracing it then attempting to paint it? Any other tips on how to do it?
Handmade for Children on Etsy - CUSTOM HANDPAINTED BOUTIQUE CHILDRENS HAIR BOW HOLDER PERSONALIZED by TTotBoutique

tyeeshawebb 05-28-2009 12:52

Re: bow holder

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvicta (Post 275325)
i found this seller on etsy with the cutest bow holders! I would like to try and do one myself for my dtr. I finally painted her plaque but have no idea how to put her name on it. I'm not much of a painter. Does anyone know what these fonts are? I would like to use it for her plaque. I'm thinking of just printing it out and tracing it then attempting to paint it? Any other tips on how to do it?
Handmade for Children on Etsy - CUSTOM HANDPAINTED BOUTIQUE CHILDRENS HAIR BOW HOLDER PERSONALIZED by TTotBoutique

Here is my suggestion....find a font you like on your microsoft and print that. Make your own template..may be a bit of work,but you can do it!!

luvsfordpower 05-28-2009 12:55

I'd make a stencil or buy one for the circles. For lettering, I either wing it or make a template and trace with pencil first.

KelliesKreations 05-28-2009 01:31

Could you print out the "face" of the plaque and decopauge it on? Wonder if that would work...HMMM

luvsfordpower 05-28-2009 01:54

You sure could. Or do photo transfers. It would work better if you could use a laser printer or send it to a print shop. Another thing you can use is a vinyl transfer. If you could find a local vendor it would be easier to get orders out in a timely fashion.

DoodlesBowtique 05-28-2009 04:45

Oh that is a cute bow holder! Maybe you could try Hobby Lobby or any local craft store and see if they have this font in a stencil?

mabear74 05-28-2009 07:19

My SIL makes something similar, she used her cuttlebug to make stencils in the different fonts. HTH

mrsshokrok1 05-28-2009 07:53

those are so cute

adyer 05-28-2009 08:36

i have looked everywhere for stencils and no such luck, they always had just the broken lettering?--not sure what to call it, but i ended up deciding to purchase the chipboard letters in the fonts that i like and trace it off that way, and if i wanted another font, i would print off from word and print it on cardboard

Sarah 05-28-2009 09:13

You may already know this, but the wood circle is from Wal-mart and costs around $1. As far as the letter, you can print it any letter in Word on regular paper, place it over the wood and when you rub over the paper with your pencil it will transfer onto the painted wood. You can then use that as your guideline to hand paint over it. Does that make sense? HTH