Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-28-2009, 11:12

Default Re: bow holder

These are adorable! I think I am just going to try print the name in the font I like on card stock paper to make a template, if it turns out, I will go back and print the rest of the alphabet so I have them on hand the next time I need them and do have to try to remember what font I used.

I think these will make a nice addition to the all handmade basket of goodies I am making as Xmas gifts this year!

thanks for sharing with us
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 05-28-2009, 10:22

ooh! i'll try that! so just shade over the font with a pencil? rub it with what?
Old 05-28-2009, 10:23

i thought i hit quick reply? anyways, rub it with what? like shade it with a pencil?i'm confused?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:14

I am just guessing here-but if you had a cricut with the design studio, you can make cursive lettering like that, that isn't broken up. Does that make sense? Then use that as a template. Do you have any scrappin friends with a cricut?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:40

Whenever I've tried to paint it doesn't look smooth for some reason, so I started buying chipboard letters (they have them in really cute prints, and there are several etsy sellers that have them that you can buy just the letters you want) and decoupaged them to the painted board. They turned out super cute IMO and looked better than my messy attempt at painting. Only problem with them is they're not all that big.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
You may already know this, but the wood circle is from Wal-mart and costs around $1. As far as the letter, you can print it any letter in Word on regular paper, place it over the wood and when you rub over the paper with your pencil it will transfer onto the painted wood. You can then use that as your guideline to hand paint over it. Does that make sense? HTH
I cant' wait to try this! Thanks!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvicta View Post
ooh! i'll try that! so just shade over the font with a pencil? rub it with what?
Print out whatever you want it to look like in Word. Then, trace around it with a pencil (on the printed side of the paper). Then lay it printed side down on wherever you want it to go. Next, rub the pencil over the back side of the paper, covering every spot where you drew with the pencil on the front. The rubbing of the pencil on the back of the paper will make the pencil on the front side of the paper appear. Geez, I hope this makes sense! Let me know if it doesn't.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Print out whatever you want it to look like in Word. Then, trace around it with a pencil (on the printed side of the paper). Then lay it printed side down on wherever you want it to go. Next, rub the pencil over the back side of the paper, covering every spot where you drew with the pencil on the front. The rubbing of the pencil on the back of the paper will make the pencil on the front side of the paper appear. Geez, I hope this makes sense! Let me know if it doesn't.
Hi I was just going to add to that if it is words or letters that you print out to "transfer" on by the pencil method....make sure you make it a mirror image before you print that way it will read the right way when you transfer it to your wood
Old 06-01-2009, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglee View Post
Hi I was just going to add to that if it is words or letters that you print out to "transfer" on by the pencil method....make sure you make it a mirror image before you print that way it will read the right way when you transfer it to your wood
LOL That was kind of an important step I forgot to mention! Thanks for adding it. I learned this trick from a friend of mine who is an interior designer. She uses it for any kind of wording she hand paints, and also uses a cheap mini projector to trace objects onto walls. I once used the projector to trace a picture of stick people someone else had drawn onto the walls on my office (I'm an elementary school social worker). I would joke with the kids that I even needed help drawing stick people! HA!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:01
ahaygood

You could always use chipborad pieces.. they have them in the scrapbook section of hobby lobby. I use those. They have ones that have patters on them, plain colors, or you can paint your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvicta View Post
i found this seller on etsy with the cutest bow holders! I would like to try and do one myself for my dtr. I finally painted her plaque but have no idea how to put her name on it. I'm not much of a painter. Does anyone know what these fonts are? I would like to use it for her plaque. I'm thinking of just printing it out and tracing it then attempting to paint it? Any other tips on how to do it?
Handmade for Children on Etsy - CUSTOM HANDPAINTED BOUTIQUE CHILDRENS HAIR BOW HOLDER PERSONALIZED by TTotBoutique
Sponsored Links