Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-23-2009, 05:21

Default Cheer Bows

Hey girls, I need some help! I was hired to make some cheer bows for the local jr/sr high cheerleading squads. Its a $500 dollar order so needless to say, I need to get this right. I have a couple questions....

I'm looking for some 2.25 (2 1/4) inch zebra print ribbon. Have you seen this before? I know they must make it but I'm having an extremely hard time finding it! Where do you usually order your ribbon? I ordered most of it from theribbonretreat.com but I was unable to find any 2.25 zebra print ribbon which I need. Any other places i could try?

AND....

I usually bake my bows after I've made them, but what do you do when its a cheer bow with all the heat n bond, sequined, or metallic ribbon? Do you just spray with starch or stiffen stuff or do you bake the ribbon before it's made into a bow....give me some tips.

THANKS!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2009, 05:24

Default Re: Cheer Bows

RABOM has the 2.25" zebra ribbon.

Ribbon And Bows Oh My!

HTH!

Amanda
Old 05-23-2009, 05:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespotteddot View Post

I usually bake my bows after I've made them, but what do you do when its a cheer bow with all the heat n bond, sequined, or metallic ribbon? Do you just spray with starch or stiffen stuff or do you bake the ribbon before it's made into a bow....give me some tips.

THANKS!!!
You will find out that, after all the heat n bond stuff done, you don't even need to stiffen your bows . Have you tried it yet? Experimenting with one bow?
Old 05-23-2009, 06:50

Girl...You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilag01 View Post
RABOM has the 2.25" zebra ribbon.

Ribbon And Bows Oh My!

HTH!

Amanda
Old 05-23-2009, 06:55

Lol....no experimenting yet. I teach 2nd grade and I've made and sold several bows and pony o's at school, so the cheer sponsor who is the school librarian asked me to make the cheer bows. Hopefully, after school lets out next week I'll have time to experiment and practice. I can't say I'm self teaching myself, though....I cheated and bought a pattern.

I'm kinda kicking myself for taking on such a huge project when I'm a novice, but I couldn't turn down the challenge....plus, the money is gonna be pretty good, so that doesn't hurt either.

Come heck or high water....I'm gonna get those bows made, lol!

Thanks for the tip...I'm sure I'll have more questions so stay posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
You will find out that, after all the heat n bond stuff done, you don't even need to stiffen your bows . Have you tried it yet? Experimenting with one bow?
Old 05-23-2009, 08:49

lol..there's nothing wrong by buying instructions / pattern. What I'm trying to say about the Heat & Bond is, it WILL stiffen your ribbon. If you don't do make it into a bow, immediately, you will hv difficulty in creasing. I mean, it won't be that difficult but just be prepare to flex some finger muscles... You'll know what I mean when you actually do it.

Keep us posted and we'll help ya out, cool beans...

p/s: Our school won't be out till June 4th I'm ready for mumy-break..i.e no driving...

Quote:
Lol....no experimenting yet. I teach 2nd grade and I've made and sold several bows and pony o's at school, so the cheer sponsor who is the school librarian asked me to make the cheer bows. Hopefully, after school lets out next week I'll have time to experiment and practice. I can't say I'm self teaching myself, though....I cheated and bought a pattern.

I'm kinda kicking myself for taking on such a huge project when I'm a novice, but I couldn't turn down the challenge....plus, the money is gonna be pretty good, so that doesn't hurt either.

Come heck or high water....I'm gonna get those bows made, lol!

Thanks for the tip...I'm sure I'll have more questions so stay posted...
Old 05-24-2009, 08:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
lol..there's nothing wrong by buying instructions / pattern. What I'm trying to say about the Heat & Bond is, it WILL stiffen your ribbon. If you don't do make it into a bow, immediately, you will hv difficulty in creasing. I mean, it won't be that difficult but just be prepare to flex some finger muscles... You'll know what I mean when you actually do it.

Keep us posted and we'll help ya out, cool beans...

p/s: Our school won't be out till June 4th I'm ready for mumy-break..i.e no driving...
ACK! June 4th!? Thank goodness we didn't have any snow days to make up or we'd be going that long too!

I'll keep you girls posted and hopefully have some pictures too for you guys to critique.....Thanks a lot!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:17

Quote:
ACK! June 4th!? Thank goodness we didn't have any snow days to make up or we'd be going that long too!

I'll keep you girls posted and hopefully have some pictures too for you guys to critique.....Thanks a lot!
all our kids got out last thursday.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:44

Okay...I'm jealous now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchezutl View Post
all our kids got out last thursday.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:47

mine arent out till june 12th... you def have to show us pics of the completed bows... they sound so pretty.
Sponsored Links