New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-22-2009, 02:23

Exclamation I could use some HELP asap!! PLEASE!!! Got pic added :)

I am in desperate need of some opinions right now! I had a lady call me tonight needing a big frilly bow for her 6 year old daughter for her dance recital (jazz). The recital is on Saturday but the rehearsal is friday (today being that it is 1:06 am here) because that is when the pics are being taken of the girls.....
Onto my dilema......
The attached pic is the costume that she is going to be wearing and I just got it at 11:49 tonight by email. She told me it was zebra, lime green and a yellowish color. Okay, she wants the bow in the lime green & zebra print because she said the yellow color would be to hard to match. I have like 3 different colors of green that I am debating on being that I can only go by the picture. Which do you think matches the best from the pic......

1. Lypple-I have this in a shiny grosgrain & normal (shiny looks best out of these)
2. neon green
3. neon lime

I think I like the 1st one in the shiny or possibly the 2nd one the more I look at it but just doubting myself and it just scares me because that color is so easy to be off on going by a pic I am also extra extra picky (anal) on this one because all of the local little girls & mama's will be there (along with me) and it is really good advertisement for dance bows being that no one really knows locally that I do these. Might be a great opportunity for next years recital

She also wanted tulle in it too if I had the right color. The only color green I have at all right now is apple green and after I made a poof with it, it really really matches the pic of the bottom that she called "yellowish". As long as it is thin and not thick. Make any sense?? Anybody have any they could compare to the pic for me too??

TIA for any suggestions I can get right now!! I am fixing to head to bed so I can get up in the morning and get something done on it since my eyes are starting to dry out from staring at all this bright green ribbon...lol!

Thanks again!
Krista
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alannas_costume.jpg (202.6 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by kglee; 05-22-2009 at 03:21. Reason: Forgot to add pic :)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 05-22-2009, 02:30

Default Re: I could use some HELP asap!! PLEASE!!!

I would love to help but i did'nt see a pic of the outfit
Old 05-22-2009, 03:18

So Sorry....I have been trying to attach it this whole time!!! I couldn't get it to attach the normal way so I had to go to photobucket and all of that good stuff and I finally got it Thank you for stopping by to help!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:20

Looks like lypple will be your best bet. The other colors look too light. Good luck!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:43

I would say Lypple would match the trim around the zebra, but (im looking at my neon lime right now) and it matches the skirt perfect!! HTH.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:09

Thanks so much ladies!!! I am going with the lypple
I thought the neon lime matched perfectly to it too but she just mainly wanted the green color around the trim....I personally think it would look best mixed or even the neon lime over the lypple since there is more in the costume?!?! If that is how she wants it (as long as it didn't look like I am color blind then that is what I will do it for her. The apple green tulle that I have looks very very close in color to the neon lime too when it is just a poof and not big time gathered up.

Off to finish it up!! Thanks again for ya'lls help!!!!!!
I will post a picture of the finished bow if ya want to see it?!?!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglee View Post
Thanks so much ladies!!! I am going with the lypple
I thought the neon lime matched perfectly to it too but she just mainly wanted the green color around the trim....I personally think it would look best mixed or even the neon lime over the lypple since there is more in the costume?!?! If that is how she wants it (as long as it didn't look like I am color blind then that is what I will do it for her. The apple green tulle that I have looks very very close in color to the neon lime too when it is just a poof and not big time gathered up.

Off to finish it up!! Thanks again for ya'lls help!!!!!!
I will post a picture of the finished bow if ya want to see it?!?!

We need to see pictures of the finished product. Good luck I am sure it will be beautiful.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19

Phew...got that done! That has been one of the most "nervous" ones I have done in a long while! Forgot how much I didn't miss that lol! Anyways enough belly aching from me

I got the bow delivered to her and she said it was a "perfect" match! YAY!!! It didn't really turn out the way I had imagined it because I was in such a rush....due to IT WAS OUR LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! YIPPEE!!! My dd also had t-ball practice, I desperately needed some groceries & etc etc etc. I didn't end up using a tulle poof, I used just a simple across the middle type thing with it and the rest was kind of plain too but she loved it!

I just need to ask a question now I met her at the pharmacy where she was and gave her the bow and everything, then we parted ways and I walked into walmart (next store down) and saw her in there a little later too.........guess where the bow was???? STUFFED IN HER PURSE !!! I mean, don't get me wrong, she bought it, it was then hers but after the stressing that I put into it and to know that if it gets all smooshed and messed up then it is going to look like crap! That will look bad on me and my bow making!!! I just don't understand why some people don't understand the hard work, love & heart that we put into our products...ya know???

Just needed to vent a little and have a pity party but now I feel better

Thanks a million for all of the help last night & this morning!!! I really appreciate it!

p.s. these pics are not great by any means...in a huge hurry and lighting was horrible. Had to finish adjusting in car on the 25 minute drive to town. heehee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP3521.jpg (179.1 KB, 83 views)
Old 05-23-2009, 12:00

Ooooh, i LOVE how it turned out! Wow and that's crazy that she had stuffed it into her purse. Maybe anytime else you sell a bow, tell the customer some "care" instructions that will keep their bow looking great for years to come and just explain that it can get smashed etc., if it isn't taken care of properly. You'd think it would kinda be a no-brainer, but.....yeah.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:13

The bow turned out really cute! Sorry about the lady just throwing it in her purse, that would drive me nuts!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg