http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-19-2009, 07:02

Question Making surround looped bows..

How do *you* put together your stacked bows?

In the past, I have put all my layers together and then tied my french knot around the entire finished bow. I'm thinking it's a better idea to knot the first bow, and then stack them.

My bow looks perfect until I try to get the ribbon around the whole bow.

Any thoughts?

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:51

Default Re: Making surround looped bows..

I tie around the whole finished bow as well. When you say, knot around the first bow before stacking, what would that look like if the rest of the stack isnt covered right there??? I think I may be confused lol
Old 05-19-2009, 08:57

Yep, that's my concern too-would the thread and stuff be visable?

When you cover the center with a bottle cap, can you still see the threads from the other layers, or are y'all wrapping the center with ribbon first and then doing the bottle cap?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:23

I make each layer, glue the layers together, and then wire the whole thing. Then I do the knot and wrap all the way around. If I add a bottlecap or other embellishment to the top, I wrap with 3/8 or 1/4 just to cover the wire.

HTH.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:31

I have always individually tied all of my layers with elastic, leaving quite a bit extra elastic on the base bow, then put the bow together each layer at a time from the bottom up, tieing each layer on with the extra elastic from the base bow. I always take my elastic to the bottom of my base bow after and before I tie on the next layer so that it is secure and doesnt twist around on top....do any of this make any sense??? lol...makes sense to me but not sure if I am explaining it right. After it is all put together, I make my knot/flat ribbon and glue around whole bow. I don't think I could make myself not tie around the whole bow because I wouldn't know how to cover the elastic used. I always put the center ribbon around the bow and hold tight from the back to see what it will look like first and adjust everywhere that I need to and then glue.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:38

kglee-you're making sense. :0) Thanks for your help!

ah4185-another duh moment! Never thought of using 1/4 ribbon!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:09

I personally sew them together - I put my needle through the bottom bow, then through the middle of each individual bow, then wrap tight several times and then tie a knot. Make sense. It can be quite painful at times and hard to get the needle through but I think it holds them together better.

Amy
www.customcreationsbyamy.com
Old 05-20-2009, 09:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka&Tutusmom View Post
I personally sew them together - I put my needle through the bottom bow, then through the middle of each individual bow, then wrap tight several times and then tie a knot. Make sense. It can be quite painful at times and hard to get the needle through but I think it holds them together better.
thats how i do it to!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg