new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-16-2009, 12:40

Default Alligator clip or French Barrettes?

I'm trying to decide what to use - alligator clips or french barrettes? How do you do your big bows (i.e. stacked, 1 1/2" ribbon, loopy)? I just don't seem to think that a regular alligator clip will hold as much hair that a bow that size seems to justify. Am I mistaken? I"m new to all this and want to get it right...thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 05-16-2009, 12:44

Default Re: Alligator clip or French Barrettes?

I think most ppl use the french barrettes for the bigger bows because they are heavier and the french barrettes are sturdier. HTH
Old 05-16-2009, 01:00

I use double prong alligator clips for everything including big bows, unless someone asks specifically for something different. As a mom of girls, I personally prefer the alligator clips with some type of non-slip grip. I tried a french barrette once and my daughter hated it. It was harder to put in and she complained the whole time about it pulling her hair. Maybe I'm just bad at putting them in. lol. I use the hairbow as an accessory, not to actually hold her hair up. I pull her hair up with a regular ponytail holder and then slip the clip in. Does that make sense? I've never had any problem with them coming out. If they are just for your own personal use, I would say whichever you prefer. HTH
Old 05-16-2009, 01:06

I use alligator clips for most of my bows. I really only use the french clips for my stacked bows. I do have to keep a stash of them though because I have a very good customer who orders about $150 a month in bows just for her daughter and she wants french clips for everything. My 2 year old daughter has tons of hair and I use the alligator for all of her bows and they stay all day even through pre-school play!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:19

I put most of mine on alligator clips...but didnt know if that was ok bc it seems most ppl put the bigger ones on the french clips....the french barrettes remind me of hair bows from when I was little...and yes sometimes my hair would et stuck in them and pull when I took them out.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:25

I prefer alligator clips- then people can use them on headbands as well
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif