http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/snazziedrawers-150.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/MMexclusivewholesaleribbon-150.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-auctions.gif
new product--hello kitty 5/8' satin ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-13-2009, 06:35
Default Fabri-tac not holding?

Please help! I have my first 'show' at my kids school on Friday and some of the covered clips that I used Fabri-tac on are starting to peel apart. What have I done wrong?!?!? I definitely don't want to send out inferior bows....I need to fix these by tomorrow night. Please, please help me out.
thanks, thanks, thanks.
Sponsored Links
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-13-2009, 07:06
Default Re: Fabri-tac not holding?

Personally I have never had luck with it.
I prefer hot glue or sealah...
Could they be "salvaged" with a few dabs of hot glue I wonder?
My heart goes out to you ...hope everything "rights itself" by friday.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:22

Same here with the fabric tac I hot glue I have used quick grip too would love to try the seelah tape. Good Luck hopefully you can hot glue them.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:48

I was able to salvage the covered clips with the hot glue- thanks for the advice!!
I donated all of the sales from the show to the American Cancer Society (we did the Relay for Life walk that night) and also sold some bows at the walk itself for a grand total of $250.00!!! I know some people bought the bows, headbands, and cell phone charms because the money went to a good charity, but I hope some repeat customers were also found in the effort.
I tell you what though, my ribbon obsessed pals...I had to take a couple of days off---no bow making, headband weaving, nothing. I was frazzled. I did however, buy more ribbon both at Hobby Lobby and Michaels, because I am totally and completely hooked.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:20

I've had a problem with E-6000 melting hot glue and a sealah-like tape. I started using 3-1 craft glue and really like it. It sets up within a half hour usually, an hour for some surfaces like plastic. I just use unlined clips or clothespins to hold down the bow until the glue sets.
Please visit my Zazzle and Etsy shops!
Sponsored Links