Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-16-2009, 04:44

Smile Re: How to make these buttons????

Hello,
I have made these before there pretty easy you purchase the buttons at walmart or your local hobby craft store. The buttons come with the mannual little rubber peace and something else in there for you to make the fabric stay with the buttons. You will want to use the button to measure and cut around it dont cut two short. But first you will want to embroider on them or you can use Paint Pens to decorate your Intal on their. Which ever you prefer. Hope this helps!

Sassy Stitches - Children's Botique

Jennifer in GA
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2009, 04:55

Default Re: How to make these buttons????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhayman View Post
Hello,
I have made these before there pretty easy you purchase the buttons at walmart or your local hobby craft store. The buttons come with the mannual little rubber peace and something else in there for you to make the fabric stay with the buttons. You will want to use the button to measure and cut around it dont cut two short. But first you will want to embroider on them or you can use Paint Pens to decorate your Intal on their. Which ever you prefer. Hope this helps!

Sassy Stitches - Children's Botique

Jennifer in GA

Do they make these with the pin back, though? I've seen the covered button kits in WMT that are just the shank backs, but I haven't seen the pin backs.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdeelicious View Post
Do they make these with the pin back, though? I've seen the covered button kits in WMT that are just the shank backs, but I haven't seen the pin backs.
I use wire cutters and pull the shank off, and then either put floral wire through it for pony tails or use strong glue and glue it on the pony streamers, clips and such. They are extremely easy to do, the button kits and hobby lobby, walmart and such. And they look so pretty.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalibug View Post
I use wire cutters and pull the shank off, and then either put floral wire through it for pony tails or use strong glue and glue it on the pony streamers, clips and such. They are extremely easy to do, the button kits and hobby lobby, walmart and such. And they look so pretty.
Here's another ignorant question.....if you glue them on to the pony streamers, then how could you make them interchangable as shown in first picture? I've bought many regular cover buttons that have shanks on the back, but the ones in the picture look like they have pins attached to the back instead of shanks. I would love to make interchangeable buttons as well if I could figure out the trick
Old 05-18-2009, 04:05

Me too on the pin backs?? Also wondering about the silver ring around some of her covered items?! I love how that looks all neat and put together
Old 05-18-2009, 04:09

Are these maybe what she is using around the button???
American Button Machines
Old 05-18-2009, 04:37

You can buy pin backs at Wal mart.....Maybe they took the shank off and glued on a pin back?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:12

Here's is tutorial I just noticed it.... Free monogrammed button cover Instructions: hairbow free directions, hair bow business work at home
Old 07-05-2009, 06:14

I know this is late but how about removing the shank and replacing it with the self adhesive pin backs and just secure them with a super strong adhesive.Findings: 10 Self Stick Pin Backs Brooch Crafts Beads - eBay (item 120426415294 end time Jul-25-09 19:33:16 PDT)_
Old 07-05-2009, 07:05

you can get the different size buttons with a flat back and then glue the pin on, there are sellers on etsy who carry them
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies