key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-08-2009, 09:54

Question Gator Bite help!! My 1st tie keeps coming apart!!!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips.

I love the gator bite because it helps me tie the bows easy. My question though is taht the initial tie that I make is PERFECT and I can see that the bow looks great, BUT as I'm trying to tie it the second time to tighten it, the FIRST tie looses up. Then my bow loses its shape!! AHHH.

WHat type of string do you use to tighten the bows?? Which string is tight enough that when you tie tie it the first time, it doesnt come apart.

Hope I'm making sense here. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2009, 11:47

Default Re: Gator Bite help!! My 1st tie keeps coming apart!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Everyone View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips.

I love the gator bite because it helps me tie the bows easy. My question though is taht the initial tie that I make is PERFECT and I can see that the bow looks great, BUT as I'm trying to tie it the second time to tighten it, the FIRST tie looses up. Then my bow loses its shape!! AHHH.

WHat type of string do you use to tighten the bows?? Which string is tight enough that when you tie tie it the first time, it doesnt come apart.

Hope I'm making sense here. Thanks for the help.
I have that problem too. I have my little boy to hold the string down in the center while I tie the knot off. However, when the kids are not around I have to use whatever I can find.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:53

i have this problem also. my gator bite has been thrown across the room a couple of time because of that.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:22

I use some stuff that I got at walmart in the craft section by the yarn. It's sort of like string on a spool and I believe it's 100% cotton. I tie the first one really tight and then hold tension on the string while I unclip it. Keep the tension and turn the bow over placing it on the table. I can usually hold enough tension between pulling the strings and pressure with my index finger to get a second tie in the back and then keeping the same tension I tie a third knot. So basically I have one tie in the front and two ties in the back. After I have it tied then I clip the string. It's much easier to do then I'm describing though :giggle:

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 05-08-2009, 04:58

thanks for posting this info....I have a gator bite....but i just couldn't figure out what to use to tie it...I'll be honest I haven't tried much to find something either...I have horrible carpal and I love I don't have to hold the bow while tying....
Old 05-08-2009, 04:58
Murolyushka

Girls, I had the same problem. Here is what I came up with. After making your first knot, put a dot of hot glue on it and tie really tight, hold for few seconds and tie another knot. Hope that makes sense.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:33

This is how I do mine & it holds well with floss. I put my floss through & get both ends up to the top & them take one end back through & arounbd again. It makes a loop around the ribbon. Then bring both ends of floss (string or whatever you use) back up & tie it off with your knots. The bow is basically wrapped 1 1/2 times with your floss & it holds it together.
HTH
Beth
Old 05-08-2009, 06:01

I like the floss the best because it's thicker and doesn't rip through my fingers from pulling it tight.

I put my ribbon up through the bottom first and then tie it tight. While still kinda pulling tight, I thread it back through the bottom and then tie a double knot there. Even if it loosens up a little bit when I thread it back through, that 2nd pull puts it right back in place and will stay tight to finish with the 3rd knot.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:47

when I do mine I use embroidery floss too. But when I do the first tie I loop the thread twice instead of just once. Seems to make it stay quite nicely.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandanmv View Post
when I do mine I use embroidery floss too. But when I do the first tie I loop the thread twice instead of just once. Seems to make it stay quite nicely.
This is what I use too! And that's how I do mine too and it seems to work well!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg