http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-08-2009, 09:12

Lightbulb tutu question

I am trying to make tutus for a show in June and I really want to be able to premake them to fit a wide range of sizes (does that make sense) That said, I really do not want to make them with ribbon sashes (since the measurements have to be sorta exact) but want to try elastic headbands, has anybody ever tried using these? or have any other ideas.

oh yea, and a super big THANK YOU! to the super ladies who suggested buying the spools of tulle from Nashville wraps. It has cut down so much on time as far as cutting strips! I made DD a red white and blue yesterday in 45 mins!
Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2009, 09:17

Default Re: tutu question

what is the site for nashville wraps? can you post the link or send it to me via pm?

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 05-08-2009, 02:29

I think I can save you a little money. Now, I don't know what the shipping is at either website, but.....
At Nashville Wraps it's 100 yards of 6 inch tulle for $9.49
At PaperMart it's 100 yards of 6 inch tulle for $5.93

I hope that help ya!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamy_01 View Post
I think I can save you a little money. Now, I don't know what the shipping is at either website, but.....
At Nashville Wraps it's 100 yards of 6 inch tulle for $9.49
At PaperMart it's 100 yards of 6 inch tulle for $5.93

I hope that help ya!
The website shows that you have to spend $200 on tulle though to get the $5.93 price. So if you need that much, it's a great deal! If you don't need $200, then it's 100 yds. for 6.98. I just ordered some of the 25 yd spools so that I can learn how to make them for my dd. Thanks for the tip on the website, I can't wait to get it!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 06:26

I've been ordering from Nashville Wraps and they have great quality tulle, but someone on here suggested BB Crafts which is cheaper. Plus they have more colors in the 100 yard rolls. Haven't ordered from them yet, but I think I will use them when I place my next order.
As far as the elastic headbands go, I assume you're referring to the goody ones that are really skinny and come in different colors. I've tried them before and popped one before I even finished my tutu. I also find that they make my tutus come out a little large, although I'm sure you could shorten the elastic by cutting and hand stitching.
I use skinny non-roll elastic with mine and I go by waist measurement and cut it down about 3-4 inches to allow for stretch. I hand-stitch the elastic closed, overlapping about a 1/2" then I find either a chair back or a thick book that has the same measurements around as the waist measurements i need and then slip my elastic around that. That way, when you take it off, your tulle won't stretch out too much and not fit. Just a little trick I've found that helps me keep my measurements exact.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg