http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-07-2009, 04:39

Default Argh! I can't find this ribbon!

I'm looking for ribbon with sequins on it. I have seen it on lots of different bows, but I cannot find it ANYWHERE! Do you guys know where to look?
Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2009, 04:43

Default Re: Argh! I can't find this ribbon!

I bought some and Oh My Goodies on ebay one time...don't know if she still has it...
Old 05-07-2009, 08:00

Do you have a pic of what your looking for, I have some I purchased from Offray a few months ago. I think I have green and purple. What do you plan to use it for? I think it's 5/8"

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 05-07-2009, 08:52

Well, I looked on ebay for some, but all I found were bows already made from it. I need the sequined ribbon like on the bow seen here.

Cheer Cheerleading Sequin Spirit Hair Bows Ribbon New - eBay (item 250363422127 end time May-25-09 19:24:37 PDT)
Old 05-07-2009, 10:52

I found this one site that sells bows like that ribbon and it says they may sell ribbon by the yard, so you may can ask if she will just sell the ribbon:

Color Choices for Hair Accessories
Old 05-07-2009, 10:59

I am pretty sure that ribbon isnt sold like that. You have to make it yourself. If there is ribbon out there like that, I have never found it. You need to buy the sequin fabric and use heat and bond to make your "ribbon". I used the rolls of 7/8 in heat and bond which made cutting it so much easier.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:08

Yeah, I found all these cheer sites and after looking, their was one site that all their "ribbon" choices and then it had sequin dot fabric choices..so that had to be how they made the ribbon.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:45

So, put the heat n bond on the ribbon THEN cut it out? I'm worried about not being able to cut a precise line, but I think having the heat n bond on as a guide sounds like it would be easier.

I went ahead and emailed a couple bow places just to see if they would sell me any of what they had. They'll probably say no, but at least now I know how to make it

Thanks for the help girls!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrascmom View Post
I am pretty sure that ribbon isnt sold like that. You have to make it yourself. If there is ribbon out there like that, I have never found it. You need to buy the sequin fabric and use heat and bond to make your "ribbon". I used the rolls of 7/8 in heat and bond which made cutting it so much easier.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:18

What I did was figured out how long I needed my sequin ribbon to be and cut pcs of the heat n bond that length. I then laid my fabric out flat , laid my pcs on side by side as close as possible,but leaving enough space to cut them apart. I ironed them all on and cut. Just that makes it thick enough so you dont need ribbon as a base. Then all you do is iron it on to the base ribbon. Just a little hint, dont iron the sequin side unless you put something over top of it. The sequins will come right off.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:13

I've got some sequin fabric I've been wanting to try this with. Do the cut edges need to be treated so they don't fray? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links