http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-05-2009, 09:31

Red face Loopy Surround? They made it HOW?!

I'm SURE this has been asked a ZILLION times but Ive tried searching to NO avail. Im NEW to bow making. Ive only been at it MAYBE 3 - 6 months. My bff Jay said,"its the easiest,BEST thing in the WORLD!" Especially since I JUST had my first (last) daughter! I admit Im not the best,heck Im not even the most DECENT,but I try. Anyways I LOVE those lil surround bow things. And ya'll I have done the support ribbon fold technique until Ive supported every troop every been over seas. Ive tried folding it over this way and holding it there and glue there. I CANT seem to get a surround bow,THAT WANTS TO SURROUND! It falls flat and blends into the other ribbons. Can anyone post a dummy proof instruction (no vids PLZ) on how to do them? Cause Im !!
I would COMPLETELY appreciate it! Thanks SO stinkin much in advance. And thank you ladies for having THIS forum for beginners like me! I completely LURVE this site!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:50

Default Re: Loopy Surround? They made it HOW?!

LOL!!! These are hard bows. I have tried at it for 9 months,and they are getting better. They are cute, but too time consuming. The only thing I could suggest is a good quality grosgrain ribbon,you may even have to starch it prior to looping. They are hard to master!!! Good luck on it though!!! Here is a pic of mine!!

Good luck!!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:21

Imma have to try that cause Im just at a STAND STILL on how to make em! Thanks for replyin tho hun! And yours is tooooo stinkin cute man!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:57

there are sooo many ways of doing them--have you looked at other sites and figured out which works best for you? the simplest way and the easiest for me to follow was watching the video from hair-hardware.com, i don't know if it's an option on her instructions, but if you click on a tutorial of hers that is a video then after it's done, scroll down along the bottom as it will pop up others that she has done and look for the surrounding loops you are looking for! HTH!

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 05-06-2009, 10:09

I have a hard time with the loops. What I do that works for me, and it's a pita to do...For the first color, I make two figure eight loops (awareness ribbon style) and criss corss them "x". For the next color I do the same thing-to figure eights, aand then cross them. Then I take the two x's and glue them together.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:23

I have surround templates - it was a pita trying to get them even, consistent and multitask at the same time. As soon as I figure out how to submit an animated banner, I will have details posted. I know they would help you!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLKaryn View Post
I have surround templates - it was a pita trying to get them even, consistent and multitask at the same time. As soon as I figure out how to submit an animated banner, I will have details posted. I know they would help you!

I've tried various templates that I've found on the web, but I always end up with the last loop being too small. I've watched the hair-hardware video, but my last loop STILL ends up too small!!

I am always interested to see something that you've come up with. :0)
Old 05-06-2009, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
I've tried various templates that I've found on the web, but I always end up with the last loop being too small. I've watched the hair-hardware video, but my last loop STILL ends up too small!!

I am always interested to see something that you've come up with. :0)
these will perfect them Any knowledge on how to do a banner?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34

Measure out 25" of 3/8" ribbon. At the 6" mark, put a dot of hot glue and create an awareness loop with that first 6" of ribbon. Then make another loop and another and another until you have a 4-leaf clover. The extra 1" is because my 4th loop always turned out too small. With this, I've never had a problem getting my surround to actually surround the bow.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLKaryn View Post
these will perfect them Any knowledge on how to do a banner?

No! hahaha I have no skills to trade.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults