http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23

Default flip flop

Is there a tutorial on how to make them? Do you wrap the whole strap?

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:39

Default Re: flip flop

I'm sorry i can't help I'd love to be able to make them too. I'd love to know where the flip flops come from cos i can't get anything over here that doesn't have the name of the store printed on them!!!!!!!!!! I don't want people to know where i got them and how much i paid for them. It'll just cause problems with my pricing i Haven't a clue how to make them and i'm talking about pricing them I need to go to bed!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:57

Hey-I've just started making them, too and posted a thread today because I wanted to see how people are making their bows removable. (Here's the link to the thread and responses I got: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/hairb...king-them.html)

To wrap them, I used the tutorial here:
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/instr...s-contest.html
I just modified the loops around the to a bit so that I could attach/remove my bows.
HTH-they were lots of fun to make and my girls love them!

<>< Christy
my shop
Old 05-04-2009, 10:05

Thank you so much
Old 05-04-2009, 10:05

Walmart, Target, Family Dollar
Quote:
Originally Posted by maeve View Post
I'm sorry i can't help I'd love to be able to make them too. I'd love to know where the flip flops come from cos i can't get anything over here that doesn't have the name of the store printed on them!!!!!!!!!! I don't want people to know where i got them and how much i paid for them. It'll just cause problems with my pricing i Haven't a clue how to make them and i'm talking about pricing them I need to go to bed!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:16

Michaels has them too...bot sure about the quality but I remember seeing them there...I want to make some now with all this talk about flip flops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddisynsmommy View Post
Old 05-05-2009, 12:11

I make mine with Old Navy flops... Yeah the store brand is printed on there and they are cheap(price wise) but they are the best quality... I have found most people don't mind that I only paid $2.50 a pair!

And the straps depend on the find of flops you are making... if you are tying the fabric/tulle on them then yes you cover the whole strap... if you are putting on a bow its your preference on wither or not you cover the strap with anything... for mine I put a string of rhinestones on the strap!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddisynsmommy View Post
Boo........ I live in Ireland!!!!!! None of those brilliant stores or anything like them over here...........
Old 05-05-2009, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeve View Post
Boo........ I live in Ireland!!!!!! None of those brilliant stores or anything like them over here...........

You can order from Old Navy on line!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleB'sbowtique View Post
You can order from Old Navy on line!
Ooh.........what's the URL??? I'd love to try this. I look at everyones and i just think they're soooo pretty and it's the right time of year to sell them over here. At the moment i'm limited to baby clippies and bands. I think if i broaden my horizons a little i might actually start making some money!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links