http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-04-2009, 06:30

Question Dog/Pet Hair Bows

I am looking to make a variety of different dog hair bows. Anyone have some helpful advice, tips, etc.?? Mainly, I am looking for the best hair-clip hardware to use? I am thinking small elastic rubberbands but I would love feedback.

Also, I did a quick search and didn't see a thread about pet hair bows but if there is information on here could you please direct me to the link.

Thank you so much!!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-04-2009, 07:40

Default Re: Dog/Pet Hair Bows

For some reason this is a hard topic to find alot of info on even if you google it. I make and sell a good bit of dog bows and I always put mine on a small french clip unless the owners ask otherwise. In talking to several owners of smaller dogs they don't seem to mind the clip as much because it doesn't pull as much. I am just going off what others say. I have a boy pug so no dog bows in my family.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:57

I had someone request I make a spikey style bow for their dogs. I had no idea what type of clip to use and in discussing it with the dog owner she suggested that she wanted to have me put it on a small ribbon loop that she would then slip over her dogs collars. Then the bow would be at their neck. I made and delivered them that way and I guess it worked out well. One other idea for a dog bow.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:42

I was thinking of making some....but I think I saw some on snap clips so I was going to try that.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:11

OMG! I had SOOOO MANY people ask about dog bows this weekend! I have some small plastic barrettes that I used when I made one for the girl who cuts my hair. I can't remember for the life of me where i got them though.

They are small white barrettes that just clip closed. They would be for smaller dogs.

I had a woman buy korkers that I had on pony-o's. HA!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsiemarie View Post
OMG! I had SOOOO MANY people ask about dog bows this weekend! I have some small plastic barrettes that I used when I made one for the girl who cuts my hair. I can't remember for the life of me where i got them though.

They are small white barrettes that just clip closed. They would be for smaller dogs.

I had a woman buy korkers that I had on pony-o's. HA!
At my Michaels they rearranged the ribbon area and they have some barettees of various sorts with the ribbon...they had some of the small plastic ones there.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanneMarie View Post
At my Michaels they rearranged the ribbon area and they have some barettees of various sorts with the ribbon...they had some of the small plastic ones there.
OH YEAH!!! I know at the time I bought them wholesale, but at least I have a backup for when I tell myself, "OH CRAP! I have a show next week and ran out of barrettes!" which is what I seem to be telling myself a lot lately!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanneMarie

OH YEAH!!! I know at the time I bought them wholesale, but at least I have a backup for when I tell myself, "OH CRAP! I have a show next week and ran out of barrettes!" which is what I seem to be telling myself a lot lately!

I like the white plastic clips as well. I bought mine on ribbon retreat, they seem to have pretty good prices. Thanks for the tip, though, I hadn't thought about using them for the dog bows!!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:40

My website is strictly pet related (my only child so far has fur ). With that said I do make dog bows. People that regularly put bows in their pets hair have a specific preference as to what they want whether it be bands or barrettes. I have some bows on barrettes and some on bands so that when I do markets there is a variety to choose from. For my girl, I prefer the ease of the barrettes.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:08

They have the small white ones at Hairparts, but they also have a minimum order of $100.00 I think.

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies