http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-02-2009, 11:51

Default Non slip Toggle Headband

I bought toggles and so far I've made one headband for my neice. I was thinking about ways to make it stay in the hair. Has anyone tried glue a strip or two of velvet ribbon to the underside of them? I know some people use the velvet ribbon to line clippies to make them nonslip.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:10

Default Re: Non slip Toggle Headband

I haven't tried anything yet, but have been thinking about using the cabinet liner.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:43

i suggest purchasing the tutorial from punkynmunky. Here is the link:
Handmade Patterns on Etsy - How To Make A Silicone No Slip Grip For Hair Bows,Clips, and Headbands by punkynmunky

because it is a purchased tutorial, I can't give away all of the information, but I can honestly say that it really does work and it's worth the money
do a search non-slip in threads and you can see the feedback from other people who have purchased it!

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 05-03-2009, 12:51

I purchased the instructions for the toggle headband that gives directions for the silicone non slip I was just wondering if anyone had tried the velvet ribbon as it seems that it would be easier to do

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 05-03-2009, 02:05

I have seen Lemonhead in Canada use a kind of velcro type sticky tape on the inside of the headband that really works. One of my kids says it hurts taking it out but that is because she rips it out.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
I purchased the instructions for the toggle headband that gives directions for the silicone non slip I was just wondering if anyone had tried the velvet ribbon as it seems that it would be easier to do
oh no, wendy's instructions are very easy, she's just really detailed, once you pick it up all you have to do is squirt a line of the stuff and take your knife to smooth it out and let it dry

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 05-04-2009, 01:09

I have very fine hair and had trouble keeping the headband from slipping, so I used Wendy's method and ta dah....it works. It's the first time a headband has ever stayed on my hair.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:13

i was at a craft show this weekend and i tried on a toggle head band from lemonhead w/the velcro stuff on it and i hurt when i took it out and i was real gental. So i would so no to that. Use the silcon that you can pick up in the repair center at walmart and line the inside of the toggle it works for me.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie&JacksMommy View Post
i was at a craft show this weekend and i tried on a toggle head band from lemonhead w/the velcro stuff on it and i hurt when i took it out and i was real gental. So i would so no to that. Use the silcon that you can pick up in the repair center at walmart and line the inside of the toggle it works for me.
Is it better to just leave the silicone beaded on the headband or to smooth it out? How long of a strip would you put on the headband? How long does it take to cure?

Sorry for all the questions? Thanks for the help!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHBows View Post
Is it better to just leave the silicone beaded on the headband or to smooth it out? How long of a strip would you put on the headband? How long does it take to cure?

Sorry for all the questions? Thanks for the help!
I smooth mine out so it is just a thin layer - that usually dries very quickly. To figure out how much of the ribbon to cover, I start at the middle point and spread out 3-4 inches. That usually works for me.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies