Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-01-2009, 10:34

Default How to attach bow to french clip and no slip question

Hello again, I've got the pinwheel bow making and creasing down but now I'm at a loss again when it comes to attaching the bows to a french clip. I've always used 2 prong clips for various bows before and even went as far as lining and doing no slip on the clip on the bows I'm making now but then realized that how I've always attached to bows before with the knotted center wrapping around the barrette, then being glued was pretty much going to cover up the non slip that I just applied. My DD had fine thin hair and I do have some french barrettes so I guess my question is: How do I attach the bow to the french clip - glue? wire? Also is there any way of doing non slip on french barrettes? I purchased Wendy's tutorial on non slip which is just great (especially for my youngest) but now it looks like I'll have to french barrettes since the bows are appx 4.5". Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 05-01-2009, 10:41

Default Re: How to attach bow to french clip and no slip question

Hello,
I just wanted to say that if you are having trouble putting bows on your clip with the no slip grip, please contact me! I'm sure I could help. You should have no problem wrapping the center around the clip. Or am I not understanding your question? Sorry, I haven't had enough caffeine yet this morning LOL!!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-01-2009, 10:55

I'm thinking my problem is that i'm using the same 1 1/2 ribbon for the center as it matches the rest of the polka dot bow. Thanks for the instructions, they are really great will for sure help keep bows the bows in my little ones hair. I only wish I'd found them sooner. Now I have to go back and use your technique for all the past bows I've made. I'll be sure to post pictures of my pinwheel bows when I finish.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:59

You can also try this site. It shows you how to line and attach your bow.
Free Instructions: How to Line a French Barrette, hairbow free directions, hair bow business work at home

I still use clippies on some of my larger bows.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:59

Forgot to add that I'm using the same 1 1/2" ribbon but that I'm also folding it before I make my knot.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:04

Thanks for the link. Will fabric-tac work to glue bows onto the french clips or should I use something else? I might still use a double prong clip if I can get it figured out.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:21

Are you lining the inside of your alligator clip and adding no slip before you attach your bow? When put a bow on the alligator clip, I line all but the inside of the clip add the bow wrap the center around and glue it and the line the inside over the wrapped center. Does this make sense..LOL?

As for french clips, I do it the same way and cover the middle/underneath side of the clip after I have attached my bow.

HTH!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnypt View Post
Thanks for the link. Will fabric-tac work to glue bows onto the french clips or should I use something else? I might still use a double prong clip if I can get it figured out.
I've used fabric-tac to glue the bows to the clips but I did have one fall off after being worn a few times. I then started using a high temp hot glue gun.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:21

Thanks for clip lining idea - I'll have to try that out. Will E-6000 work for attaching the bows to the french clips? I have a hot glue gun but am not sure if it's a high temp or low temp gun.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:59

EGOOO (as my husband calls it) works very well but it does stink & there are prolonged exposure warnings on the back. I only use it when nothing else holds.
Sponsored Links