Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-26-2009, 11:03

Smile How do you make this tutu

Handmade Clothing on Etsy - Rockstar, Punk, Rock n Roll Tutu - Classic 6 inch Tutu - Fuchsia and Black - FREE coordinating bow and flower clip - available in sizes from 0-3 months up to 4-5 by tiarastutus[]=tags&includes[]=title

Anyone know how to make this tutu. Its different then others. I know how to make a regular tutu the "No Sew" one but this one is very even and poofy.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 11:09

Default Re: How do you make this tutu

I think it's just a regular tied tutu. It takes some practice, but you can tie them tight & close together to get a good, poofy look.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:22

They look like the ones that I make. I tie a piece of tulle around the elastic, then thread 1 or 2 more lengths of tulle through that and tie it, then tighten the first piece. I cut the pieces that go on the elastic 1". This is what mine look like when I'm done. Then trim any pieces that are to long
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (46.9 KB, 325 views)

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 04-27-2009, 01:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
They look like the ones that I make. I tie a piece of tulle around the elastic, then thread 1 or 2 more lengths of tulle through that and tie it, then tighten the first piece. I cut the pieces that go on the elastic 1". This is what mine look like when I'm done. Then trim any pieces that are to long
your tutu is so cute! Hey? I have a question about your store name what is it?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybr-chic View Post
your tutu is so cute! Hey? I have a question about your store name what is it?
Buttinskys Bows & More - My SIL started making cloth diapers. I was trying to think of a name that used "butt" like in a cloth diapered butt without it being offensive. So I came up with Buttinskys :rofl

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 04-27-2009, 11:03

Quote:
Buttinskys Bows & More - My SIL started making cloth diapers. I was trying to think of a name that used "butt" like in a cloth diapered butt without it being offensive. So I came up with Buttinskys :rofl
thats what I thought it was but my husband thought it was button n sky LOL
Old 04-27-2009, 11:18

Love the tutu...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:34

Quote:
I'll have to try your method...sound like it would definitely create a poofier tutu. LOL-"Poofier"...is that even a word? We sure do have our own lingo in the bow/tutu world, don't we!

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 04-27-2009, 02:02

OMG! I know the answer to this one, so I didn't bother so see if anyone else also had the right answer. I just recently started making them for my daughter and she LOVES them. I've been experimenting w/ color, ribbon, and embellishments. Here's where I got the instructions from...

YouTube - How to make a no sew tutu

The lady on the video speaks clearly and her instructions are, most importantly, easy to understand. My favorite part is that they are FREE!! I couldn't be more happy about it.

My main advise would be to be wary of the kind of tulle you use to make the tutu with. I bought some rolls of tulle at a Jo Ann's for $2.50 just to experiment w/ and it came out nicely. So, then I spent a little more on some "shimmer" tulle to make a Tinkerbell tutu and it was so thin and whispy. Not originally what I wanted, but the shimmer tulle gave a cute ethereal and dreamy look to it.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG101080 View Post
OMG! I know the answer to this one, so I didn't bother so see if anyone else also had the right answer. I just recently started making them for my daughter and she LOVES them. I've been experimenting w/ color, ribbon, and embellishments. Here's where I got the instructions from...

YouTube - How to make a no sew tutu

The lady on the video speaks clearly and her instructions are, most importantly, easy to understand. My favorite part is that they are FREE!! I couldn't be more happy about it.

My main advise would be to be wary of the kind of tulle you use to make the tutu with. I bought some rolls of tulle at a Jo Ann's for $2.50 just to experiment w/ and it came out nicely. So, then I spent a little more on some "shimmer" tulle to make a Tinkerbell tutu and it was so thin and whispy. Not originally what I wanted, but the shimmer tulle gave a cute ethereal and dreamy look to it.
So I have yet to try making my dd a tutu, but would LOVE to make one for her for her bday the first week of June (and if it goes well enough, ALL the nieces may be getting one for their bdays this year!!). The link above the lady uses 3" strips of tulle. I have seen others post on here that they use 4" or 6" strips. Can anyone tell me what the difference ends up being (looks, etc.) when you use different widths? What do you like better about one width over another? Pros? Cons? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg