Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-26-2009, 04:57

Default Thermoweb Issue

I bought some thermoweb, and it works great for lining clips. I was hot gluing flowers to the lined clips, but decided to try e 6000. The e6000 broke the bond between the thermo web and clip, so it's floppy and I'll have to go in and re-glue that section now, costing me time.

Does Sealah tape do this? Is there some way to prevent it?

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:55

Default Re: Thermoweb Issue

I haven't had a chance to try the seleah tape yet... but I've been using the terrifically tackey tape and used e6000 on a couple and they have been just fine (even with little one who likes to pick things off her clips!)
Old 04-27-2009, 01:48

I don't know how it would work with Sealah tape, but E6000 is weird like that. It undoes my hot glue bonds.

SAHM to Madisyn (6) and Kynzie (2)
Old 04-27-2009, 12:59

Guess I'll just ditch the E6000 for attaching the clips to flowers. It stinks to high heaven, anyways.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfordpower View Post
Guess I'll just ditch the E6000 for attaching the clips to flowers. It stinks to high heaven, anyways.
LOL, Yeah I have a new tube that I never use-I just can't take the fumes!! Good to know about not mixing the two, though-I never would have thought there would be issues with that.

<>< Christy
my shop
Old 04-27-2009, 01:55

Me either! I had to fix them by letting the e6000 firm up, then jammed the glue gun between the clip and ribbon to secure it. I'm not 100% satisfied, but what can you do? No way I can start 3 dozen blinged out flower clips from scratch!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:32

How do you get the thermoweb to stay on the clip? Don't you have to iron it on?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:19

Nope. It sticks just like sealah tape. It works very well normally, but I guess not with e6000.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg