http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-25-2009, 02:57

Default New Trick for Korkers

OK, I have to admit these things drive me crazy sometimes. I used to tie them, but had a heck of a time getting them to stay still. So, then I went to sewing them. Well, I broke a thread and then broke the needle (all in the same dang korker!). So then I had an idea....my bowdabra!! I put the string in like normal, then stacked the ribbon!! WOW--it works!! I had control over the colors and was able to just pull up and tie off. You have to kinda fluff it before you tie it, but it really worked for me with far less screaming!!

OH and I also found that Michaels sells pre cut dowels!! Who knew--well, not me... LOVED That!

Cost of dowels at Michaels $1.99
Cost of gas to Michaels $1.87
Cost of not having to nag your husband to cut the dowels PRICELESS!!
Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2009, 02:58

Default Re: New Trick for Korkers

Definitely worth the gas lol. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:59

Can you post a pic of what you're describing?

Between "Life" and Homeschooling...
if I don't laugh...I'll start to cryMolly
Old 04-25-2009, 03:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by myprettypretties View Post
O

LOL ,

I don't know if you have a Joanne's near you but they have the pre cut dowels as well. A 6 pack cost $.99.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:27

I cut my Walmart dowels with an old steak knife. Did one with a pair of old scissors once too..... I just had the sand the ends. No way I would wait for the hubby!!
Old 04-25-2009, 05:08

I will try to get a pic on here...
I have to say, my hubby was pretty quick the first time I cut the dowels, but I didn't want to press my luck. Plus, the price sticker really would not come off and caused some problems with the light colored ribbon. (and I didn't have to sand them... jeez I'm lazy!! )
Old 04-25-2009, 05:58

I use to make my own korkers untill i found EBAY!!!!! i would fight and fight with those things...i found a girl that only does korkers..and she sells them dirt cheap......so now i can spend more time making other stuff...lol but i so know what you are talking about with the hastle of stacking the korkers....
Old 04-25-2009, 06:47

If you buy the 72" dowels from RONA (not sure who you have down in the states) they will give you 3 cuts for free--I buy a big bundle of them---3 cuts gives me 4-18" korker dowels per "stick"---and no additional cutting costs (and no asking hubby to do it for me!!! I agree......PRICELESS!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myprettypretties View Post
OK, I have to admit these things drive me crazy sometimes. I used to tie them, but had a heck of a time getting them to stay still. So, then I went to sewing them. Well, I broke a thread and then broke the needle (all in the same dang korker!). So then I had an idea....my bowdabra!! I put the string in like normal, then stacked the ribbon!! WOW--it works!! I had control over the colors and was able to just pull up and tie off. You have to kinda fluff it before you tie it, but it really worked for me with far less screaming!!

OH and I also found that Michaels sells pre cut dowels!! Who knew--well, not me... LOVED That!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloswhim View Post
If you buy the 72" dowels from RONA (not sure who you have down in the states) they will give you 3 cuts for free--I buy a big bundle of them---3 cuts gives me 4-18" korker dowels per "stick"---and no additional cutting costs (and no asking hubby to do it for me!!! I agree......PRICELESS!!)
I thought Rona only did one cut for free, this is good to know. My husband didn't complain last time but that was only because we were doing some other wood working crafts and everything was already out, next time who knows.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov-It-Bows View Post
I use to make my own korkers untill i found EBAY!!!!! i would fight and fight with those things...i found a girl that only does korkers..and she sells them dirt cheap......so now i can spend more time making other stuff...lol but i so know what you are talking about with the hastle of stacking the korkers....
OOhhh, wanna share her store? She would love the extra business!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif