Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-24-2009, 11:51

Default Re: someone please helP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytutus View Post
ok, so I followed those instructions, but my bow didnt turn out the same...it was all still too close together, it would separate out..what did I do wrong?
How long was the ribbon that you started with? Try 28" of 7/8 ribbon, mark 4" for the tails, then 5" until you get to the other tail.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2009, 12:43

try this site. it will have just about everything you need to know. these bows take practice. tiral and error. so dont get discourage if they dont turn out right all the time just keep practicing.
Free Hair Bow Instructions: hairbow free directions, hair bow business work at home
Old 04-30-2009, 07:44

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Last edited by Uh.Man.Duh; 04-30-2009 at 07:46.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:46

Lightbulb Re: someone please helP!!

Okay so I can not fold a boutique ribbon to save my life. I SWEAR if someone says,"OMG its soooo EASY!" I will SLAP them. Literally. I have folded the "support ribbon" method so much,I think Ive supported everyone in the world! I STILL can NOT make it. Can ANYONE make STUPID,BLOND PROOF instructions. NO video cause yea...Id have to rewind all day long. but Does anyone have STEP by STEP,hooked on phonics method?! CAUSE I WANNA LEARN IT DANG IT!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14

a template may be the way for you to go, have you looked into that? even the online instructions that come w/ it have ribbon length formulas that can help, it's def. helped me out

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14

Those are twisted boutique bows. they are one of the most difficult boutique bows to make. I would get the TOTTS bowmaker. I have had great success for me. Please excuse any typo's.

Go to Grosgrain Ribbon, Hair Bows, Ribbons, and Much More and it's only 25.00 and include a disc and is a life saver.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyladybug01 View Post
Those are twisted boutique bows. they are one of the most difficult boutique bows to make. I would get the TOTTS bowmaker. I have had great success for me. Please excuse any typo's.

Go to Grosgrain Ribbon, Hair Bows, Ribbons, and Much More and it's only 25.00 and include a disc and is a life saver.
I would have to agree. Totts is the way to go!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:25

I've been doing this a couple of years....I would venture to say that most people are not going to make this type of bow starting out. Learning to work with the ribbon and getting the crease right. I use the TOTTS, but I use the hand folded method. It takes LOTS of practice. Most bows you see on etsy and ebay have been stiffened and formed so your loops are exactly where they need to be. The secret is definitely the angle of your ribbon and creasing. I have not tried any of the other templates out there....so you may be able to do this bow with one of the newer ones that have come out recently. If you have one of your bows someone could give you pointers on what to work on. HTH! Good luck!!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:10

Templates with picture step by step instructions is what saved my life with the twisted boutique bow, I have the TNT by no bow no go and they are wonderful, it will still take practice, just learning the feel of the ribbon and such but it gets you there quicker and then each bow comes out perfect every time.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:17

i found this...and it helped me alot with the loopy bow...after i did it i was like that was so easy....lol

Free How to Cover Alligator Clips Instructions: hairbow free directions, hair bow business work at home

Last edited by Lov-It-Bows; 05-01-2009 at 09:21.
Sponsored Links