New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-20-2009, 09:07

Default Was hoping someone could help me figure out what I doing wrong with my KORKERS!!

hey ladies!

I was wondering if someone could help me find out what, I am doing with my korkers. Is anyone willing to help? I have asked a couple of people, but they have choosen not to help. Please!!!

I am having problems with sewing the korkers together. When I do they just don't look tight enough.

I have tried tying them off instead, but I can pull the korkers out.

Having a problem fluffing they so they look full.

I can do any kind of bow twisted or layered, but can't seem to figure out these.

Any suggestion would help me ladies. I am willing to help anyone else on bows if they are needing it.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:14

Default Re: Was hoping someone could help me figure out what I doing wrong with my KORKERS!!

I've just started making the korkers by sewing them. Mine don't look all that fluffy but I think it's because I'm not using enough pieces. I'm wanting mine a bit smaller though so I'm not changing.

When I do mine, I thread all of the pieces on the needle and then get them like I want them and pinch them together. Then (while holding them tightly together) I thread the needle back through and repeat. Then tie it off. I can't remember where I saw the instructions but it says to leave about 6" when you tie your knot so you can tie the secure after you've sewn.

Maybe someone can post the link..I didn't save it.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:15

Default Re: Was hoping someone could help me figure out what I doing wrong with my KORKERS!!

Are you stitching in the middle of each korked length of ribbon...say it is a 2" piece the needle is going in at the 1" mark? Somtimes that can make them floppy if you are sewing at the ends instead of the middle.

One other thing might be that once they are sewn together you have to go back and make sure that the curls are not nestled into each other so thay look full again. Once I fluff and seperate them I usually give them a light spray with a fabric stiffener.

Those are a few possible thoughts. More than that I am not sure what to tell you. Are you able to post a picture of them so it can be critiqued from there?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:22

I do mine like the posters above have states. I align each of my pieces on the needle, then squeeze the ribbon pieces together, so that I'm holding the bottom with my first and second fingers, and the top with my thumb. I put atleast three stitches in. I hold the ribbon pieces together with my one hand while I stitch the bow up.

I thread the ribbon in the middle of the korker..Not at the end.

I like my ribbons short-2 inches or less. I put my ribbons on the needle with the curl facing up, like a 'U'.

I can help if you post a pic.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:45

hi i agree with the post above i too thread my korkers and i use about 30 pieces about 2.5'' in length hope this helps
Old 04-20-2009, 09:51

thanks ladies, i am goimg to try some with your suggestions. i already know i was sewing wrong, i was pulling them all the way down the thread. I will post pictures, tomorrow.

Please give comments! This is the only thing my oldest daughter will wear, I told her I would learn how to make these and the raggie bows.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:52

Agree with the above. And a pic woulld probably help.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:12

urgh I am so sorry I didnt get back to you!! YEs make all your cuts, seal your ribbon, then knot your thread, trim excess, stack them all on your needle. I then pull them all down, as tight as I can, flop them back with my fingers and make another knot as close as I can to the base of my korker and done!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:09

Thanks for this info.. I will try some more korkers now..
Old 04-21-2009, 12:53

it will make it easyer if you get a large candlel and trun it upside down. The poke the threaded needle, eye first, into the bottom and tap it in with the sissors. This way you wont have to hold the needle while arranging your korkers to make sure there are no gaps or they are not all going one way.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg