New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-26-2009, 08:46

Default Re: Tulle for Tutu Bow Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby Michele View Post
I made the bodice freehand. I also cut out a few different shapes and sizes until I got the one I liked the best... Mine are quite long, and it takes tons of tulle! Also, I "finish" the backsides of mine, so it looks completely professional anyway you look at them...
Mind you, these were the first few I made, so the colors of the ribbon were not the best. I also use at least three strands of ribbon. I unfortuneatly didn't take pictures of more recent ones I made for a boutique that purchases from me...

Oh-well, it's only letting me upload 1 picture. This one has a chenille top.
That's beautiful!

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:03

Thanks to everyone's great tips I made the bow holder this weekend and it came out good! If I were to make another one there are a few things I would change, but I'm happy with it. I'll post a pic when I get them uploaded.

Petals- I love that pic of your daughter eating the tutu.. adorable!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:23

I saw your post about the bow holder. Can you tell me what the bodice is made of and how the tulle is attached. Is there something between the fabric and the bodice material. I love these and can't find out how to make them.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:21

I'd love a full tutorial. Who's got one?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:54

Someone on here gave a free templete by mystic I have alot of trouble posting on here I
hope u get this and find it cause it's a really good one
Old 06-28-2010, 11:20

I make mine very simple and they seem to sell well at the boutique that I'm selling. Too well, since I have a full time job and crafting is just part-time fun for me and I don't always have time to make something upon request. Anyway, I glue 18" strips of tulle to the backside of the large bodice that I freehand drew and 12" to the back of the small. I tend to use about 40 strips on the large ones and about 30 on the small. Some of mine come out better than others. When I make it because I want to, it always comes out way better than when someone dictates how they want me to make it.

Here's a link to a slide show of 4 that I recently made.

http://leeleebeau.com/LeeLeeBeaus_Boutique.php

Sorry about the website, my husband stole the LeeLeeBeau name to start a horse trailer business and I just stuck my page on his site to let family and friends see what I'm up to. I don't sell online so this works for me...

Oh, I also use foam core, batting under the fabric and finish off the back with felt.

Last edited by leeleebeau; 06-28-2010 at 12:04.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:52

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/balle...ow_holder.html
Here is a tutorial to give you an idea, I used this one and "tweaked it" I finish mine off on the back with felt, its soft and won't scratch peoples walls. I also make my bodice out of cardboard or foamcore so they are lightweight. I always fear that some little girl is gonna pull on it and it fall on them, so if it is lightweight, they won't get hurt. I also put a piece of felt right under the fabric to give it some "softness", but you could also use batting.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:08

I sort of winged it after looking at some. I used foam core for the bodice shape, and for my template I googled leotard, found one I liked the look of and freehanded a template based on that.

I used one full roll of 6" tulle on mine, and used a 12" piece of foam core to wrap around it so it would be the exact size I wanted. I also folded the tulle accordion style so it would be more fluffy. And when I was making it I noticed that on the edges it was looking a little flat, but I wanted it to have a more rounded look, so I used three strips on each edge, sort of wrapping it around the edge, if that makes sense. I am going to be making my dd one very soon and can take pics if you'd like.

Heres the one I made for my niece:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tutu_bow_holder_resized.jpg (307.9 KB, 93 views)
Old 06-28-2010, 04:14

These are very beautiful and unique! I would like to try a hand at it for my Great- niece.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonix View Post
I sort of winged it after looking at some. I used foam core for the bodice shape, and for my template I googled leotard, found one I liked the look of and freehanded a template based on that.

I used one full roll of 6" tulle on mine, and used a 12" piece of foam core to wrap around it so it would be the exact size I wanted. I also folded the tulle accordion style so it would be more fluffy. And when I was making it I noticed that on the edges it was looking a little flat, but I wanted it to have a more rounded look, so I used three strips on each edge, sort of wrapping it around the edge, if that makes sense. I am going to be making my dd one very soon and can take pics if you'd like.

Heres the one I made for my niece:
I can make the bodice part well, but I am still not happy with the tutu. I am still a little confused as to how you do the tulle. Do you tie layers of strips together? And also how do you make it so even on the bottom?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg