Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-23-2009, 07:38
Default Re: rag bows

I did a Google search and found a few ideas to prevent fraying.

-Cut fabric on the bias (diagonal)
-spray edges with hairspray or fray check (not sure about staining lighter colors)

I like the idea of the "vintage feel" in some cases, but for the times I don't want fraying I'm going to try to figure something out.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2009, 09:19

I sprayed with starch, hung it upside down to dry, separated the strips by twisting a bit so they wouldn't 'nest' together, then repeated everything one more time. Now that the bow is totally dry, I have been rubbing it, tugging on it, etc., and there is no fraying. That could be just the fabric I used, or it could be the spray starch helped prevent fraying.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:23

Great tips ladies thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16

Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
I got the tutorial. It's the first one I've ever broke down and paid for!

I am very pleased with the tut-In the past, google has been my friend. Now though, my fourth baby is walking and I just don't have the time to spend figuring things out! In this case, the money was well worth the time and frustration that she is saving me.

Plus, she's a real sweetheart-I really feel like she wants us to be successful mastering her technique.
Which tutorial is it?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:59

This one:

I think it is $15 on her etsy site.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:59

Jesseka, that bow is beautiful...I liked how you used the fabric with the korker. Great combination of materials for a very cute bow. I need to try that out! Yes, I would agree too that the rag bows are probably easy to make similar to a korker bow.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:26

I need to make these. My mom sews around two outfits a day. I would love to make this bow to match the clothes. I bought an instruction for a hairbow like this wondering if I could use the same directions.
Sponsored Links