Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-22-2009, 10:05

Default Re: Clippies with Sealah tape

I want to try this out, thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 10:30

I haven't tried the sealah tape but I did buy some of that tackly tape (from Michaels) the other day.

I know most people say that using hot glue is better but I can even pick at and peel the ribbon from my clips that I've hot glued. I'm not sure what the best method is. I'm using hot glue for now but I have some Magna Tac to try as well.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:23

I have been a hot gluer for a while and I decided to try this. I tell you what I can peel it off with hot glue just as easily as I can with the tacky tape if I really want to. It lines clips beautifully and I am totally pleased. I buy mine off ebay and I don't think I will be going back.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:57

OK I don't know what's up, but I bought some of the thermo-web at Michael's and the darn ribbon lifted up from it too! What the heck? It's fine when I go to bed, but when I get up in the morning it has separated! The same thing happened with the tacky tape at Walmart. It's mostly happening with the American Crafts ribbon. Anyone else having a problem? What's a girl to do??? Do you think the humidity here in Florida could be playing a role in it?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38

I had the same problem in the beginning. I use a Tombo MONO scrapbooking tape runner & it works well. I just put a tiny dab of hot glue on the arch of the clip & it works great. HTH
Old 05-09-2009, 09:28

Do any of you use Magna Tac? If so, do you like it better than the hot glue and/or the Sealah Tape? I've been using it and I like it, but have found that some of the ribbon lifts off the back of the clippie. I don't really want to deal with hot glue b/c you have to work so fast with it and I'm afraid I'll screw up. The tape sounds awesome, so I may try that.

Also, can someone please tell me how to get email notifications once I've posted to a thread? I thought I figured it out, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:59

I just got my order of Sealah tape and I am way too excited for words. This stuff is so awesome. Lining the clippies used to be my least favorite part of making stuff, and now I want to do it all the time. This stuff is so easy!

I also got some Terrifically Tacky tape from Michaels which is good, but I like Sealah better. Thanks everyone for the recommendation!

Jenn
Old 06-12-2009, 01:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung434 View Post
I just got my order of Sealah tape and I am way too excited for words. This stuff is so awesome. Lining the clippies used to be my least favorite part of making stuff, and now I want to do it all the time. This stuff is so easy!

I also got some Terrifically Tacky tape from Michaels which is good, but I like Sealah better. Thanks everyone for the recommendation!

Jenn
I agree!! I got some as well & went through an entire 30 yard roll in 1 day. I love it, it's perfect!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:24

I noticed lots of ladies requesting a sample of the sealah tape I have a roll sitting here... I am totally stocked up on clippies for the moment. I'd send a sample out to anyone interested. LMK! You can pm me if you want some.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:13

After being very frustrated by Fabri-Tac coming off my clips and the hot glue being lumpy, messy and unpredictable, I finally bought the 1/4" Sealah tape and I absolutely LOVE it! I feel like it is one of those things that makes everything so much easier and professional looking. Not only do I use it for lining the clippies, but I use it for attaching ribbon to ribbon and for attaching the center strip to the bows and then the clip. I have done a bunch and they are as firmly attached as the day I did it. No more hot glue globs out of the side of the ribbon! To me, it's really seems like a "trade secret" that is priceless (in terms of getting rid of stress & frustration!) I just reordered from them and got the 3/8" for the wider ribbons I use. I can post pics of what I have done tomorrow. It's kinda late now!

PS: I have found that heat is what makes the bond stronger with the Sealah. After lining the ribbon, I rub the ribbon several times to make it warm. Then I just push the ribbon back and the paper just separates from the ribbon, exposing the sticky part. It has never been a problem getting the paper off. No nails needed!
Sponsored Links