http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-14-2009, 12:47

Default older girls' bow question

Hey, you girls are so helpful in my new bow making addiction So I wanted to ask about older girls' bows... my daughter is only 18 months, so she only has enough hair for one clip in her hair. But I'm making some bows for my nieces (2nd grade and kindergarten) and I was wondering... do you usually put one bow in older girls' hair or do you do two? I don't think I'm making any super huge bows... and only one of them can hold a french clip in her hair (the others will definatly need an alligator) Oh, and I guess I was wondering if you put no slip stuff in french clips? I've never done a french clip before.

Well, thanks for any advice you have! My nieces will be super happy for their birthdays!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 01:01

Default Re: older girls' bow question

I would make pig tail sets or woven headbands...big girl bows aren't my specialty, but judging on what I see at the elementary school, bows over pig tails is pretty popular for the K-1st, headbands for the older girls.

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 04-14-2009, 01:35

I see a lot of large bows on a single pony tail/ half pony. My neighbor is 10 and she likes only one large bow.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:38

My daughter is 8 and she likes ALL bows, big or small, but she usually oohs and ahhs over the bigger ones and those are the ones she wants to wear when she is getting ready for the day. She also really likes the woven headbands I have made for her.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:00

My Granbabies Like Both.. One Is 3 and 1 is 6 .. She usally only wears 1 bow...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:37

thanks ladies! I don't think I'm ready to get into the headband thing... I'm still just getting the hang of bows and clips... but that's an awesome idea for christmas! Thanks!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:42

My kindergartener LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the toggle headbands (and so do I)! I can whip one up in a matter of minutes to match whatever she is wearing for the day and when I go to pick her up it is still in her hair! Usually, if she wears a bow, it's a korker set for piggies or a streamer for a pony. Also, she like the little bitty clips.

<>< Christy
my shop
Sponsored Links