New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-11-2009, 01:37

Default glue ?

Hey there... I'm fairly new to the whole bow making thing (and loving it by the way... thanks for helping me to get addicted )

Anyway... I was wondering what good glues you gals use... for whatever. I have the terrifically tacky tape and love it, but tape just doesn't work for everything. Things like putting my bows on to the clips or other random things... I have been using hot glue, but it doesn't seem to stay very well on some things... I also tried a small sample pack of 4 glues (E6000 or whatever it is; goop, craft goop, and quick drying craft glue... all same manufacturer) and those all stink like crazy!
So needless to say, any other suggestions... and does my hot glue just suck or does it sometimes have a hard time sticking on different ribbons.

Thanks ladies :-)
Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2009, 02:16

Default Re: glue ?

Are you using a low heat or high heat glue gun? If it's low heat, that may be the problem. It won't heat up enough to bond with all surfaces.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:18

I use hot glue and I have never had a problem. It is wonderful. I think you have to go with a high temp glue for it to really hold.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:42

thanks... the glue gun is high temp (well, I think it adjusts but it's set at high) I just wonder if my glue sticks are crappy... they are kinda old, I haven't used the glue gun much until I started in on bows! maybe it's time for a new one... now where is that coupon...
Old 04-12-2009, 08:18

ah, well, i use fabritac. pretty good, just be sure not to get it on your clothes! i got some on my black pants...and yeah.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:36

I use hot glue (high temp). I've tried several different brands of glue sticks and I personally like the Surebonder ones the best. Fewest strings, consistent flow...all that stuff. I have a tube of e6000...hate the fumes and use it sparingly for other craft stuff - not bows. HTH

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 04-14-2009, 12:41

thanks ladies... very helpful! I'm going to go get some new glue sticks and see how they do!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44

make sure your using hot temp sticks and hot temp gun. I used low temp stick on hot temp gun, and they didn't sick very good. I had to get high temp stick. hth
Sponsored Links