Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-09-2009, 04:49

Question best way to mount large flowers

I've got some beautiful 6" peonies and 7" gerbera daisies and I was wondering what's the best way to attach them to an alligator clip or if I should just get a different type of clip altogether. I want to be able to put them on crochet headbands and kufis. I was going to take the stems out and glue the petals together but they still seem like they will be too heavy for the clip.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 05:56
lestissusbows

Default Re: best way to mount large flowers

I don't usually use alligator clips because of the weight of the flowers, I usually use french clips. When I mount mine on the french clips, I have used hot glue and I've also sewn them on, I just snip the stem as close as I can without it falling apart, you can always stick a couple of dots of glue on the petal layers, out of sight if they are coming apart.

Here's a little tip: if you sew them, try using filament (fishing line)~it's super strong , much stronger than thread, and it's see-through.
HTH
Old 04-10-2009, 06:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestissusbows View Post
I don't usually use alligator clips because of the weight of the flowers, I usually use french clips.
I never know what to use. I prefer french clips, because my daughter CAN'T take them off and lose them at school. My customers seem to prefer alligators. I don't like alligators!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:57

Thanks for all the great tips. I'm gonna probably get some double pronged alligator clips and some french clips and try that. I have used e-6000 before and other than the fact that it smells horrendous I do like it. One other issue i have with the alligator clips is that sometimes the pinch part of the clip makes the flower stick up on one side. You can't see the clip but it still annoys me. I have tried mounting it a little off center but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions on that?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:13

Some here have suggested mounting it on the flat side of the clip-the bottom part. I haven't tried it, but I don't do flowers.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:23

I've tried mounting it on the flat side but I prefer the regular side... my flowers are thick enough to where you can't really tell a difference HTH
Old 04-10-2009, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by polychic View Post
I've tried mounting it on the flat side but I prefer the regular side... my flowers are thick enough to where you can't really tell a difference HTH

That's a good idea. I had thought of that but I wasn't sure how it would work. I think part of the problem is that my flowers aren't thick enough. I might try adding a few more layers to make them fluffier and make the bump less noticeable. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:06
lestissusbows

Quote:
" I use E-6000."
I'm sorry if this has been asked a bazillion times, but what is e-6000? and where can I find it? Is it like fabric tac or similar?

TIA
Heather
Old 04-11-2009, 12:20

I use E 6000 and you can find it in the Craft Department at walmart..
Old 08-11-2010, 11:00

I do not have a little girl yet but I have several friends having babies. I want to attach the large flowers to headbands and crochet headbands. What is the best way to glue them? Do you find that the glue comes through to the back of the headband, through the crochet holes? Do you cover that on the inside with something so that there isnt glue up against the childs head?

Thanks!
Jill
Sponsored Links