Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-06-2009, 09:04

Default I heart tails-down bows!

I sat down yesterday to make a bunch of new bows to go with my DD's summer outfits. I was trying to make some twisted boutique bows, and got frustrated with them, so I decided to try a few tails-down bows, which I had never made before. They were so easy, and they all turned out so cute!! I was really impressed with how adorable they all turned out. I'll definitely be making some more of them in the future.

By the way, I used these instructions, and they were super easy! Free Tails Down Hair Bow Instructions: hairbow free directions, hair bow business work at home
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 11:47

Default Re: I heart tails-down bows!

Those are pretty neat instructions on that website! What did you find frustrating about making the twisted bows? I used to get frustrated myself, but I found that my biggest problem was getting my bows to crease correctly. That's when I was saved by the Gator Bite clamp. Since then, I have been a lot less frustrated
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19

Would love to see some pictures! Thanks for the tip, too. I'm a newbie to doing bows (I've only really attempted clippies so far) so I appreciate the advice, I"m going to try making some of these today! BTW, what size of ribbon did you use? THANKS!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdeelicious View Post
Those are pretty neat instructions on that website! What did you find frustrating about making the twisted bows? I used to get frustrated myself, but I found that my biggest problem was getting my bows to crease correctly. That's when I was saved by the Gator Bite clamp. Since then, I have been a lot less frustrated
I have been kind of hit-or-miss with my twisted bows. Sometimes they look great right when I sew them together, and other times I have to fiddle with them to get them to look halfway decent. I think I just need to practice more!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahomommyof4 View Post
Would love to see some pictures! Thanks for the tip, too. I'm a newbie to doing bows (I've only really attempted clippies so far) so I appreciate the advice, I"m going to try making some of these today! BTW, what size of ribbon did you use? THANKS!!!
I'll see if I can post some pictures. I started out using 1.5" ribbon, and those turned out really cute, but really big. (My daughter is only 2, so it may be a bit big for her right now!) I also used 7/8 ribbon and made some really cute smaller ones.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44

Thanks, I'm going to go dig out some 7/8" ribbon to play around with
Old 04-06-2009, 03:34

Where do you get the gator bite clamp? If it is reasonably priced I may have to get one.

Michelle
Old 04-06-2009, 08:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbarbian View Post
Where do you get the gator bite clamp? If it is reasonably priced I may have to get one.

Michelle
Not sure of the exact price, but I know you can get them fairly cheap at Sally's Beauty Supply. Not the Gator Bite by name, but pretty much the same! HTH.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:46

I love this website! It was the very first website I found when I wanted to learn to make bows and korkers. It sure has grown...added a lot of stuff.

Between "Life" and Homeschooling...
if I don't laugh...I'll start to cryMolly
Old 04-06-2009, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdeelicious View Post

What is Gator Bite clamp? I have a problem with creasing my bows also and would love to find out an easier way to do this.
Sponsored Links